The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old February 12, 2009, 01:55 PM   #76
mrclean77

Awesome distraction technique! Helps remind me that hitting the bull's eye is not where it ends in SD.

I feel bad for the guy, as he seems to be dealing with a good bit of grief over it, but am glad he did waht he did to protect himself and his wife.

Note to BGs: Even if you are trying to strike fear in the heart of your victims, might wanna go with, "Just cooperate and nobody gets hurt" rather than, "YOU'RE GONNA DIE! YOU'RE GONNA DIE!"

Oh yeah, I think Indy is taking too much mess over his comments, IMO.

I will understand & respect a person's decision to carry in the home, but also kinda side w/Indy that (for me) there is a difference between a home invasion being possible, and stary bullets seeming likely

JMO
Old February 12, 2009, 05:09 PM   #77
Zulu343

I also happen to agree with Indi - 60-80% of my home is 4 seconds from a weapon. With that, my personal thought is that to carry all the time in my home is paranoia.
However- I have a large dog that would buy time for me, and I have no kids at home.