The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 21, 2013, 06:35 PM   #1
johnwilliamson062

Plano ammo boxes

We have a new store in my hometown, Rural King, and I was there looking around today and noticed they had a sale going on ammo cans.
Plano Small Ammo Can $5
I can find them that cheap online, but shipping adds up fast with these.
Also had metal ammo cans for $18. I have a fairly good supply of the metal ones, but was thinking about picking up a few of the plastic ones. My experience with Plano rifle cases hasn't been bad, although they certainly aren't high end or meant for long term storage.
Anyone have these?
Do they seal well?
Can't wait until these guys get their FFL approved.

Last edited by johnwilliamson062; March 21, 2013 at 07:22 PM.
Old March 21, 2013, 08:33 PM   #2
ZEBRARANGER

I have the metal ammo cans but I've also been using something similar as in your link. I bought them about 5 years ago. The ones that I have are bright orange and were made as marine dry boxes for boating. They have a rubber seal around the lid and have worked well as ammo cans (if you can get past the color). There's a place on the latch for a padlock. I don't know if they were made by Plano or not, there is no name on them. They have worked well for me. When I first got them I was concerned that the plastic handle would not hold up under the weight, but that hasn't been the case, they've held up fine. Here's a pic.

Last edited by ZEBRARANGER; March 21, 2013 at 08:54 PM.