The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 27, 2000, 05:18 PM   #1
CMOS

I have an M1S90 that I need to change (increase) the reveiver/stock angle on. I've heard that some Benelli shotguns come with the shims (mine did not) but I suspect this may be the case for their hunting shotguns.(?)

Does anyone know if the Benelli stock shims I've heard about will fit this model?

Thanks,
CMOS
Old December 27, 2000, 06:39 PM   #2
Duke of Lawnchair

maybe?

CMOS,

I just looked on the Benelli-USA homepage and they have the shims for their M1 Field shotguns. I'm sure their shims will work with the m1s90 that you have, given that it's a standard grip as opposed to a pistol grip. Have you called Benelli?

By the way, if you have the standard stock, how would you compare it to the handling of the shotgun?? I'm interested in purchasing a standard stock for mine in order to legally utilize the 4-shot extension. Just curious to see what other users prefer.

Thanks,
Jim
Old December 28, 2000, 08:49 AM   #3
CMOS

Duke,

Thanks, I'll call Benelli.

I **much** prefer the regular stock to the PG stock. The regular stock, in my own field tests, is much faster to bring up to the "ready" firing position. In the post-ban config, a shotgun like the Benelli with 8 rounds is quite an impressive force.

I also installed a Pachmyre Decellerator pad on the stock (I'm sure you understand why...) so now I can shoot 200+ rounds per day with no "after-effects".

CMOS
Old December 28, 2000, 02:52 PM   #4
Duke of Lawnchair

Thanks!

CMOS,

Sorry if I couldn't be of much assistance in regards to the shims. I thank you for your input in regards to the standard stock. I think that the standard stock and a 4-shot extension is the way to go on such a shotgun. You're right, a shotgun (postban) like the Benelli with 8 rounds IS impressive.

By the way, I love the cyclic rate of these shotguns.

Thanks,
Jim
Old December 29, 2000, 10:30 AM   #5
CMOS

Duke,

On the shims, I spoke to Benelli and strangely enough the shims do not work on the M1 Tactical stock, only on the M1 hunting stocks. (???????) So it looks like if I want to change the angle I will have to get a hunting stock to utilize the shim kit. Strange also that Benelli told me that the Tactical and Hunting stocks are the same length. I will have to do some more tests to see what I want to do with this stock situation.

The cyclic rate: I'm still impressed with that little feature even after owning the shotgun for 2 years. Truth be told, being accurate and fast requires quite a bit of practice, which I gladly oblidge. I always practice rapid fire shots. After all, if you're going to shoot slowly, you really don't need the M1S90 in the first place...

CMOS