The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old September 25, 2008, 03:22 AM   #1
chris in va

CompTac or BladeTech for Sig 220?

I'm frankly getting pretty tired of my SERPA as it sticks out so far. Unless I wear a decent sized coat, it just becomes painfully obvious I'm carrying.

Looking for a GOOD OWB kydex holster that fits very close to the body and doesn't move around.
Old September 26, 2008, 08:49 AM   #2
tschmittel

I have a bladetech kydex holster for my glock. I think it is a well fitting and well made holster. It has both a padlle and adjustable belt slide. It stays put.
Old September 26, 2008, 10:18 AM   #3
sholling

I own both BladeTech and Comp-Tac and it's not even close. Buick vs Porche, Comp-Tac are much better holsters. Better made and much faster and a whole new world of outstanding customer service.

Another option might also be Custom Carry Concepts. I haven't tried their OWB but their IWB are my favorite kydex.
Old September 28, 2008, 10:29 PM   #4
Don Gwinn
Staff Emeritus

OK, so the Comp-Tac is better . . . is it going to solve his printing problem, do you think? I have a SERPA and I love the thing, so it sounds to me like the issue of where the gun rides is the real problem here. Do you think the Comp-Tac will bring the gun in tight for him?

I have a FOBUS that does a surprisingly good job of that . . . but if you're looking at Serpas and Blade-Techs and Comp-Tacs, it'd feel pretty chintzy.
Old September 29, 2008, 01:11 AM   #5
chris in va

Don's right, I'm looking for something well made, doesn't move around and brings the large-ish 220 closer in.

Printing isn't a problem here in VA, I just would rather have something that doesn't stick out like a duty holster. Plus it moves too much.

Looking at these two so far.

http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/prod...products_id=53

http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/prod...products_id=48
Old September 29, 2008, 01:19 AM   #6
sholling

Quote:
OK, so the Comp-Tac is better . . . is it going to solve his printing problem, do you think? I have a SERPA and I love the thing, so it sounds to me like the issue of where the gun rides is the real problem here. Do you think the Comp-Tac will bring the gun in tight for him?
My OWB experience is limited and what's worked best for me has been leather. But my Serpa did nothing at all to pull the pistol in tight. The same with the BladeTech. My Comp-Tac does as good as can be expected from kydex.
Old September 29, 2008, 04:14 AM   #7
10-96

What about this?
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...eitemid=568318

I suspect a thing or two... because I've seen a thing or two.