The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old September 22, 2006, 06:31 PM   #1
Barr

Lee Hand Press vs. Lee Classic Press

Question for all:

Just bought a .270 Winchester and plan to load for it. I currently reload on 2 Mec 600 Jrs. and a Lee Pro 1000 press.

Size wise the handpress should accomodate the shells but does it require too much effort? I am cramped space wise and move quite a bit because I am a college student. My presses are all at home but I would like to keep this one with me. Also would be nice to use at the range.

Thoughts?
Old September 22, 2006, 08:55 PM   #2
skipjack

I have a lee hand press, and it is a very useful tool. I would recommend it if you want something portable that doesn't take up much space. I have done mostly handgun loads on it, but did do some 30-30. Hope this helps!
Old September 22, 2006, 11:13 PM   #3
flutedchamber

While the hand press would be easier from a standpoint of space to take with you, the classic press would be easier to use on most anything that you want to load, especially if you need to full length size. So, perhaps it would be better economy to take the cast press with you and make your job easier.