The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 22, 2015, 08:32 AM   #1
Fisher

Value of a Springfield scope

I bought a new Springfield M1A about 10 years ago and also bought this scope with it. I sold the M1A a few years later and the person didn't want the scope. So it has been sitting in the back of my safe for several years now. I have been thinking about selling it but to be honest I have no idea what they are worth these days. It was mounted on the M1A but there was less then 50 rounds through the gun while it was mounted. The tube is 30mm and the zoom ring is nice and tight. What you see below is what is written on the scope.

Springfield Armory
4x14x56 1st Generation
Government Model
7.62 MM U.S. Pat. D306173

Any help on the value of this scope would be helpful.

Jim
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and passed on ... or we will spend our sunset years telling our children's children what it was like in the United States when men were free."
~ Ronald Reagan
Old March 22, 2015, 06:22 PM   #2
Snyper

They seem to bring around $400 most of the time
Old March 22, 2015, 07:30 PM   #3
Fisher

Snyper, thank you for the response. I appreciate you letting me know what you have seen out there. I am still on the edge about selling the scope. If I decide to post it, it will be here at the Firing Line.

Jim
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and passed on ... or we will spend our sunset years telling our children's children what it was like in the United States when men were free."
~ Ronald Reagan