The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 30, 2000, 12:35 AM   #1
PROSOUTH

I,ve been wanting a tactical light to go on my Glock 21. I have just ordered a new Benelli M-1 S-90 and the flyer that the dealer had showed some type of light that favored either the Surefire or M-3 Illuminator by Insight Tech.
The other question is does anyone know if either light has a mount that will fit the Benelli? The mount I saw favored the track on front of the Glock and mounted up in front of the handguard on the Benelli. I am NOT refering to the handguard type light that Surefire makes.

I am wanting a small,lightweight Hi-intensity light that will slide on the track of my Glock 21 and then do the same on a mount on the Benelli.

Any comments on the best choice between the two lights and the availability of mounts for the Shotgun?

PROSOUTH

Old April 30, 2000, 09:04 PM   #2
PROSOUTH

Erick, Thanks for the opinion.

I have a Surefire 3P on a 23 Glock with the magazine type mount in my bedroom now.It serves the purpose very well and the 23 is an older weapon and does not have the track.

It would seem that the 3P could be used with a Glock Track mount and then interchanged as needed between weapons if a track mount could be had to go on the AR-15 and Benilli.

I will check it out,Thanks .

Anyone else have any info on this system?

prosouth
Old May 2, 2000, 02:18 AM   #3
mhannah1

Put a Insight Technologies M-3 Tactical Light on my G-21, and I love it, although the lense gets covered with powder residue fairly quickly.
Old May 8, 2000, 07:39 PM   #4
PROSOUTH

In case anyone else was interested I went to check on my Benelli today and got another chance to look at the Dealer Catalog. The light that was on the Benilli Shotgun I saw earlier was identified as an M-3 Insight Tech. light. The dealer cost sheet however did not list the price or availablity of it.

Did anyone ever find the web site for Insight Tech. ?

PROSOUTH