The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old February 15, 2009, 09:55 PM   #1
golfnutrlv

Weapon History Request, Discreet

Hello all, I would like to research the ownership/history of a rifle left to me by my Grandfather. I know plenty about the rifle function wise, and general history wise.

I am looking for a tool, website, or personal contact whereby I could find some history of my rifle.

Heres the catch though, I would like to keep it discreet and private for several reasons. (Note: there is no illegal activity involved here, just a desire to keep this close to heart)

Any ideas appreciated!

Thanks
America is at an awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.
Old February 15, 2009, 10:10 PM   #2
cornbush

GOOGLE
Old February 15, 2009, 10:16 PM   #3
Tom2

What kind of gun is it? Because you can get factory records or letters on some guns, like Colts, Smith and Wessons, some makers that are still in business and their old records have not been destroyed. As for what happens to it after it leaves the retailer, no one knows. Springfield Armory has some records of some guns they produced. All you are probably gonna know about your gun is what you have been told. There is no giant all seeing eye that tracks the progress of all guns over the years. No one would want that, either! I am afraid you must be more specific about it.
Old February 16, 2009, 02:15 PM   #4
golfnutrlv

Thanks for the reply Tom2, I know all I can find out about the gun without going to the manufacturer. That will be my next task.

Thanks or the replies!
America is at an awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.