The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 4, 2012, 06:59 PM   #1
saands

Does LaRue ever run sales???

Hi all,

There are several things that I want at LaRue Tactical, but I don't need them in a hurry (truth be told, I probably don't really NEED them at all, but that is a different matter). I was just wondering if LaRue ever runs sales on their stuff ... especially their mounts.

TIA,

Saands
Old July 4, 2012, 08:25 PM   #2
UtopiaTexasG19

Larue, like a lot of other AR producers, are probably experiencing overwhelming sales recently due to the huge increase in gun sales this last year. This is the reason many sellers are back ordered or out of product. I doubt you will see anything gun related on any real sales basis in the near future until the next political cycle is over.
Old July 4, 2012, 09:16 PM   #3
saands

That's a good point ... AR sales are brisk right now. That being said, so are CCW sales and I've been really surprised to see holster manufacturers dropping prices and running sales, so some of the market doesn't makes much sense to me

As I haven't followed LaRue's website, I was just curious. Sounds like I need to cross check my priorities with their inventory and then go with what I can as I can.

Thanks,

Saands
Old July 5, 2012, 07:31 AM   #4
UtopiaTexasG19

BTW, I have the Larue quick release mounts on all my AR optics and bipods and they are first rate as far as quality and fit.
Old July 5, 2012, 10:58 AM   #5
sholling

The only "sale" that I can remember was their "Po-Boy" magnifier/mount bundle that they ran for a while and that was a heck of a deal. You pay top dollar for LaRue's products but you get top quality. I have two of their AR15 scope mounts and two of the long discontinued "Po-Boys".
Old July 5, 2012, 11:00 AM   #6
saands

Since you mention having their mounts on multiple ARs, have you (or anyone else reading this) ever tried moving an optic from one AR to another? If so, what was the magnitude of the error? I was thinking that 1-2MOA might still be usable for a red-dot system and I was just wondering if that is what you found or if it is more like 5-10 MOA.

Thanks,

Saands
Old July 5, 2012, 11:10 AM   #7
sholling

I have not tried it but then I don't share optics between rifles. FWIW LaRure's 1 MOA repeatability promise only applies to returning the same mount to the same slot in the same rifle.

FWIW for Eotech sights I like GG&G's QD system a bit better.

BTW nice to see another site old timer.
Old July 5, 2012, 11:25 AM   #8
saands

Thanks for the input ... I've gone back and forth on the EOTech v Micro-T1 decision in my mind and I think that I have decided on the 2MOA T1 on a LaRue mount ... that is one of my wants. I realized that LaRue's promise is restricted to the same slot on the same rifle, but being an eternal optimist, I was hoping to hear that while there is no guarantee that two rifles can share, it isn't uncommon. I have arrived at that point where I would rather buy one quality tool than two or three lesser tools ... so sharing a T1 would be a nice way around having to compromise.

They say that a sailboat is a hole in the ocean into which you can pour an endless supply of money ... I just recently discovered the AR platform and I am beginning to think it may be the land-based analog of a sailboat

Saands
Old July 5, 2012, 12:38 PM   #9
sholling

AR15s and Ruger 10/22 can be bottomless money pits. I've got a couple of near $2k (with optics) AR15s and a couple of $1k sub-MOA 10/22s. The problem is that they're like potato chips and it's hard to stop with just one.

6.8SPC with a Burris XTR 1-4x24 in a LaRue mount.

5.56 with a Eotech 557 and a LaRue "Po-Boy" magnifier and mount bundle. The Po-Boy magnifier is a Hensoldt 2.5x sight
off a German antitank weapon that's been modified for AR15 use.

My money saving "training tool" M&P15-22 with a Weaver V3 1-3x20.