The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 22, 2006, 08:48 AM   #1
rll1931

Galco matrix holsters

Anyone seen these new holsters by galco that are like the fobus or houston holsters and are around $25 for them? I have seen articles and on galco's website. Natchez is selling them for $19.95. Just currious.
Old April 22, 2006, 10:44 AM   #2
liliysdad

If I were huntin a good, cheap, injection molded holster, Id go with the BladeTech Injection molded jobs. They are 10 dollars thorugh Brownells with the trade discount, and are much, much better quality than any other plastic holster on the market.
Old April 27, 2006, 09:04 PM   #3
John28226

Tight Fit

I have one for a Glock 30 - took some time with my heat gun to get it to allow me to draw the weapon. Very tight fit. Good price, though and conceals well too. Prefer a leather holster.
John
Old April 27, 2006, 11:12 PM   #4
BillCA

You mean like these?

The M7X Matrix Holster by Galco for 1911 & Glock

These are very comfortable, secure and sturdy holsters. I'd prefer a closed muzzle design myself, but these work for wearing under a light jacket.

When I received mine for the 1911 I wore it for over 13 hours straight with the pictured stainless steel Springfield 4" in it. It didn't move, sag, or lean away from me at all. Nor was it uncomfortable even while sitting. I had no problems with fit or release, although the release requires a firm tug to unseat the gun (a plus in my view).
Old April 27, 2006, 11:16 PM   #5
rhgunguy

I have one for my XD. Very tight fit. Sometimes it yanks may pants clear up to my chin to get the thing out. Mine also seems to make the gun lean into me which makes it a bear to get to.
Old April 28, 2006, 09:37 AM   #6
MikeWrite

If you put a little silicon-based lubricant in the M7X holsters, they will smooth right up. Draw-EZ, Leather Lightnin', whatever. Just dab a little at the ejection port and trigger guard areas, then wipe away the excess. Worked right away on mine for 1911 and Glock, and a couple of hundred presentations later, it still works.

I am a leaf on the wind.