The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old February 21, 2010, 09:33 PM   #1
41mag10mm

Norinco model 213

A good friend of mine has brought me a Norinco 9mm pistol to look at for him. He is not very knowledgeable when it comes to handguns so I don't know what if anything has been done to it. His biggest problem is the pistol is having numerous FTE and stovepipes. I've pulled the slide just to take a look and it appears to be fairly clean, but it's also COMPLETELY dry. There is not even a dab of lube that I can see. I'm wondering if someone dumped this thing in a degreasing vat or ultrasonic cleaner. Anyway, I have no instructions for cleaning and lubing this gun since I've never owned one. I know it's a POS but it has been reliable in the past according to my buddy. So I guess what I'm asking is what do I lube and with what? I have several different oils as well as Brownells gunslick.
Old February 22, 2010, 05:31 AM   #2
draggon

Don't know about that particular model but a Norinco CZ clone I purchased was completely devoid of oil when purchased new. It came sealed in bag with what I assume was VPI impregnated gauze strips in the barrel and magazine well.

Just gave it a good clean to remove a few residual metal shavings and then lubed it as I would any CZ (I like grease on the rails). Tightest gun I have owned, tight chamber as well but also the most accurate 9mm I have used outside competition/custom guns.

Does like to be well lubricated though. Anything will do, CLP, Ed's Red, it's not fussy as to brand, just likes lots of it.