The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old August 24, 2009, 04:23 PM   #1
SGL

SKB????????

Am I nuts or what, but this guy compared an SKB to a Citori in a review. Looks like he got this 3 barrel set for $5,000, but then blabbered on about how it was good as a Citori. I admit, I don't know much about skb so maybe you want to see this story for yourself at http://www.shotgunlife.com becauuse I think he's way off base.
Old August 24, 2009, 04:59 PM   #2
perazzimx14

I had a SKB 85TSS and the quality was every bit as good as a Browning or Beretta.
Old August 24, 2009, 05:07 PM   #3
SDC

The Citoris are actually made for Browning by Miroku, a competitor of SKB; both companies make good, solid guns, so you just need to decide which you prefer.
Old August 24, 2009, 05:34 PM   #4
BigJimP

SKB is a serviceable gun / and Browning has 35 or so different models, and price points, in their Citori lineup of guns alone ....

I don't know that SKB is as a good a gun as an upper end model of the Browning Citori lineup / but its not a terrible gun either.
Old August 24, 2009, 06:08 PM   #5
dalecooper51

I picked up a lefty 12ga version of the SKB GC7 with and adjustable comb and 30" barrels last week for $1450 delivered. Only have a flat of shells through it so far, but I am really impressed with the gun so far. It balances and swings well for me. The only thing I didn't much care for was the high gloss urethane finish on the stock. I would have preferred an oil finish, but for the price, I think it's a great deal.
Old August 24, 2009, 11:50 PM   #6
olddrum1

I've been shooting SKB's and Brownings for years. I have sent several Brownings back for service but not one SKB. The SKB has a better lockup and trigger on the models that I have than the Brownings. They stay tighter longer. On the other hand the Browning will hold value better than the SKB. I might add that SKB has been in the gun business quite a number of years longer than Browning. I have never had any thing but the best of luck with the Browning repair facility (Arnold Mo.) but on the othe hand I have not had to use SKB's. If I had to choose one over the other it would be tough.