The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old January 9, 2010, 06:18 PM   #26
ranburr

I fail to see how this was a close call. Shoot a dog just for running around, and the owner is liable to shoot you.
Old January 9, 2010, 07:18 PM   #27
lomaxanderson

Haha! Heard that one before. I am 200 pounds so when I go full charge he's at a HUGE disadvantage.

Tell you what, give me a time and place to meet your 100 pound dog. I'll try not to kill him. With my bare hands.

You are missing something...
My dogs are front line .......this ain't a fight between you and a 100# dog...It's Me and the 100# dog and at about 900fps is quicker than both you and the dog so if you address the dog then I have already won ...AS I am the one with thumbs ...

PS ..I have two dogs...and trained dogs don't run loose ...my dogs are treated just like my guns .I am responcible for all of them at all times.

Mason Rhea Gsd

Last edited by lomaxanderson; January 9, 2010 at 07:36 PM. Reason: rewording and spelln
Old January 9, 2010, 07:55 PM   #28
WVfishguy

FALPhil, it's apparent you've never worked with dogs, or at least, attack dogs. Or pit bulls of any persuasion.

Take my word for it, you don't have a chance against a large, determined dog. A large pit bull or any other true bulldog over 60 lbs will tear you to pieces. A 100 pound Doberman, Rottweiler or German Shepard Dog will maim you, at least.

Don't think of it as a 200 pound animal vs. an 100 pound animal. Think of it as a man going against an animated chainsaw.
Old January 9, 2010, 08:47 PM   #29
jhenry

What Would Skeeter Do, I love that signiture line. Makes me wonder how many of the younger members even know what it means.

While I do not get all that jazzed up about dogs going about their normal buisness, you are 100% correct about a trained dog. Can a human being fend one off with their hands only? Some could, but not without a trip to the ER for a series of sutures and likely reconstructive surgery. That is why we use them for that purpose. Makes sense huh? We put time and effort into what works. Prattling on about wanting to meet someone's 100# dog for a human vs. canine fight lands squarely in KooKooville. It is that kind of chest beating nonsense that leads folks to letting their mouth write a check that their hind end can't cover.
Old January 9, 2010, 08:58 PM   #30
FALPhil

Quote:
FALPhil, it's apparent you've never worked with dogs, or at least, attack dogs. Or pit bulls of any persuasion.
Shows how much you know (or not) about dogs. I worked with dogs non-stop for 15 years, and big breeds too.

Here is my public challenge. I will take on any dog 1 on 1 with my bare hands. The only stipulation is that you sign a release absolving me of any liability with regard to the dog's well being.

Dogs do not have the body strength of a healthy grown human male. They don't have the range of motion. They don't have as fast reflexes. And they are very predictable. I have had to beat down a pit bull before. It ain't hard.

Now, two dogs that have been trained as a team is a different story.
Old January 9, 2010, 08:59 PM   #31
orionengnr

Quote:
Nah, that's television. A single dog, even a trained one, on a healthy grown man will always lose, unless the man is mentally deficient.
Congratulations. That is without a doubt the most idiotic post I have ever seen on TFL, and I've been here a good while.

I will find it very difficult to take anything you say seriously for quite a while. I cannot imagine I am alone.
Old January 9, 2010, 09:07 PM   #32
JohnKSa
Staff

Why can't people discuss anything to do with dogs objectively???

DONE!