The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old May 5, 2009, 04:43 PM   #1
Bowhunter57

Kenton Nationals...shut down for this year!!!

For those of you that coon hunt and are in the area of Kenton, Ohio, some very sad news. The Kenton National Coon Dog Trials are shut down for this year. This event has grown every year, for 54 years. However, due to the failing economy it is closed for this year, but the owners are looking to reopen the event for 2010.
www.kentonnational.com

Good hunting, Bowhunter57
Old May 10, 2009, 10:56 PM   #2
pmeisel

That is unfortunate. I only made a couple trips when I was in that part of the world, but I enjoyed it.
Old April 5, 2010, 12:53 PM   #3
straightshooter3

kenton nationals

Hey tell everyone that you know we don't want this to die so memorial day week end we're having an outdoor expo at the jennings co.Indiana fair grounds in north vernon indiana outdoor flea market with dogs animals guns knives everything like kenton used to be I'm advertising full page ads in american cooner april 2010 issue full cry april 2010 issue the rabbit hunter may 2010 issue ect. check out our web page www.straightshootersenterprises.com go to expo we'll have a wild coon hunt treeing contest bench show and lots more dealer space only 75.00 gate fee only 7.50 plenty of room free parking kids under12 free let's not let our heritage die let's pick up and continue on please tell every one you know who loved kenton we won't let it die thank you straight shooter