The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 8, 2014, 08:58 PM   #1
A pause for the COZ

Hornady LNL AP/ LEE case feeder.

Too dang cold to go out side, so might as well fiddle around and see if I can get a LEE case feeder to work on my LNL AP.
Here is what I have gotten done so far. Pretty much have the LEE connected and a shuttle made.
Seems to work fine.
Now I just need to get the action connections made. That should be the easy part.

The hard part was figuring out how to connect the case feeder to the shell plate. To keep it simple it needs to ride up and down with the plate.

Mortised out a groove with my Dremel tool to allow for connection of the case feeder and operation on the shuttle.

Needed to figure out a raised and offset connection to allow for suttle operation.

Seems to work pretty darn good. Next I will get the linkage figured out and be in business.

Old February 10, 2014, 04:04 PM   #2
GWS

That's a great way to start out a cold February! Good job! When you get done make us a video so we can see it in action! Bet it's a lot cheaper than the factory unit.

I had an easier job building a case feeder for my Pro 2000, because I built the shuttle stationary (does not need to travel with the ram). So I can appreciate the effort you are doing. I may have to check out the Lee multiple tube gismo.

My Pro 2000 H.M. case feeder video is here.

Last edited by GWS; February 10, 2014 at 04:19 PM.
Old February 8, 2016, 09:37 AM   #3
Wolfman73

Any new pics or videos

Good Morning,
I wanted to see if you have any more information on how to add the Lee Case Feeder to the LnL AP press? It looks like you did a great job and I would like to add one to my press.

thanks
wolfman73
Old February 8, 2016, 10:36 AM   #4
jmorris

I am in the process of adapting a Lee to an RCBS pro 2000.

This is a video of how it works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hObNbSATBOE

Not really a lot to it just few strips of metal.