The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old September 21, 2005, 12:10 AM   #1
titleman2005

need info on shotgun mfg

I recently got two shotguns and they are manufactured by companies I have not heard of. # is Central Arms Co out of St. Louis and the #2 shotgun is Esstern arms company. those are the markings I could find so far both are single shot and I believe 12 ga.
Old September 21, 2005, 01:07 PM   #2
HunterTRW

Central Arms Company was a tradename used by the Sharpleigh Hardware Company of St. Louis, Missouri for firearms manufactured by the Crescent Firearms Company, circa 1900. Crescent, a manufacturer of shotguns and handguns, was based in Norwich, Connecticut, and was established in 1892. The Company was purchased by H&D Folsom in 1893, and subsequently by the J. Stevens Arms & Tool Company in 1926.

Eastern Arms Company was a trademark used by Sears, Roebuck & Company for firearms manufactured by its subsidiary, the Meriden Firearms Company of Meriden, Connecticut, circa 1907-1909.

Hope this helps.

Good luck, and good shooting!