The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old August 22, 2010, 02:07 AM   #1
ruchik

Disabling decocker on Beretta 92 Compact

I'm eyeing a Beretta 92 Compact L at a gun store, and I had a question concerning the decocker. I happened across this thread here, which details that the pin protruding from the slide down onto the decocker in the frame can be ground down or removed to disable the decocker, but keep the safety intact. The safety would physically prevent the hammer form striking the firing pin, if I understand correctly. Would this same mod work on the 92 compact L?
Old August 22, 2010, 06:27 PM   #2
10-96

I don't unnerstand. The decocker is an independant piece and does not touch any part of the firing mechanisms until it is put into use (actuated). why would one wish to disable something that a Grand Jury would likely view as a Safety Device if it were to be used in a defensive manner?

I suspect a thing or two... because I've seen a thing or two.
Old August 22, 2010, 07:05 PM   #3
BGutzman

I would definitely advise against disabling a decocker... I cant think of any good reason to disable it but I can think of a ton of good reasons to keep it.