The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old September 15, 2012, 05:47 AM   #1
duelist1954

Shooting my .40 caliber flintlock longrifle

I built this .40 caliber flintlock longrifle 20 years ago. It was my last build because I finally admitted I'm not as good as the professional builders and never will be. But it is fun to shoot.

I know this may be too basic for this crew, but in the video I'll show how to load a flintlock muzzleloader, and we'll do some shooting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPrrW...ature=youtu.be
Old September 15, 2012, 09:11 PM   #2
farmerboy

Oh man. I want a B/P rifle like this so bad. That's gonna be my next gun. A 40 cal or 50 cal it really doesn't matter. I have a pistol but no rifle yet. My dad use to have a T C hawkens 50 that I used and loved. But he passed last year and his wife got it now. And great video and informational to people who's never shoot a BP at all. But me it just made me druel over your rifle.
Old September 15, 2012, 10:28 PM   #3
Beagle333

That's a really nice rifle! It does look like a lot of fun.
Thanks for another good video!
Old September 16, 2012, 10:19 AM   #4
Pahoo

I'll handle the practicals and you, the particulars !!

Taught a hunter safety class, yesterday at my usual M/L station. Our time is limited so we don't go into a lot of detail, on Rock-Crushers. Out of the blue, I refered to your various videos where the students could go in a get more detail. This was not planned and your Camp-Name was easy for me to remember. ....

Kindly take satisfaction in knowing that you are playing an important teaching role for potential young M/L hunters and enthusiest. .....

Keep them coming and;
Be Safe !!!
Old September 16, 2012, 03:04 PM   #5
duelist1954

I'm always happy to see young folks get involved in the shooting sports, especially muzzleloading. I hope my videos do some good for your students.