The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 14, 2013, 01:15 AM   #1
Fatboy5108

Steyr L9A1 Pros and Cons

Who here has experience with the Steyr L9A1??? im considering a huge range of options for my first pistol, it will only be used for IPSC here in Australia. I want to hear from anyone who can talk from experience with this gun.
Old September 14, 2013, 05:31 AM   #2
Herr Walther

I have experience with the Steyr M9. Overall it was a well manufactured and reliable pistol. The bore axis is extremely low and reduces felt recoil and is very fast for follow up shots, once you get used to the sights.

I gave it a chance but I could never get comfortable using those trapezoidal/triangular sight configuration.
"...a historian asked what had happened to the German people for them to accept a criminal government. Unfortunately, nothing needed to happen. In nations across the world people accept government crime."
-------------------------------------
"In democracies as well as dictatorships, subordinates illegally obey their rulers. Subordinates who remain true to their oaths of office by opposing their rulers are rare."
Old September 14, 2013, 10:36 AM   #3
Que

Quote:
I gave it a chance but I could never get comfortable using those trapezoidal/triangular sight configuration.
The trap sights are definitely an issue for some folks. Fortunately they can be changed to other sighting systems. It seems like a lot of used guns in these parts for sale have been switched to conventional three dot night sights. I have no issue with the traps. They take some getting used to and using the correct POA.