The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old February 1, 2013, 01:04 AM   #1
Wheel-Gunner

Help Finding a Specific L-Frame Holster Type

Hey guys,

I am searching the web to find a specific holster for my new 586 Nickel 6" revolver I just bought (soooo happy!). Don't worry, I will be posting a picture as soon as I get it.

Now I need to find a holster for it. I want a BLACK leather holster that will allow me to carry the gun either strongside or crossdraw.

I very much like the Bianchi Cyclone, but they only make tan:

http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/...TxtModelID=111

I also like the Galco dual phoenix, but they also only make tan:

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG3.as...=779&GunID=143

Does anyone know of a holster like the ones above, but black in color? Please let me know. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Old February 1, 2013, 02:26 AM   #2
SgtLumpy

http://www.texshoemaker.com used to make (still does I think?) 6" L frame holsters in several models, mostly black. I bought one for my partner's 686 4" a couple decades ago. When I did, they said they could make for essentially any typical bbl length. I still see the same basic models listed on their site. And there are several to choose from, high, low, covered/uncovered trigger etc.

Sgt Lumpy - n0eq
Old February 2, 2013, 04:07 AM   #3
jason_iowa

I just got a bianchi cyclone for my 617 and it is gorgeous. I would rather have had black as well but I am very impressed with the Bianchi. I am a Galco fan as well so if you can get past the tan they are both excellent. Lots of custom holster makers that will give ya what you want but the price tag is going to be more substantial...
Old February 3, 2013, 10:41 AM   #4
IDAHOMIKE

Wheel gunner,
Ive got a small holster shop and make a dual carry position loop setup for single actions. Could be adapted real easy for a field type 586 holster. The links in my sig line below will llead you to pics of my work. Please let me know if I may be of service!