The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old August 11, 2016, 06:58 PM   #26
tallball

Yeah, it stinks. I am about to turn 51, which isn't "old" (or so I tell myself), but when I am having health problems my hands will tremble and I can't shoot nearly as well as I would like to. Getting older isn't fun, but I love my wife and kids, so I will keep doing it.
Old August 11, 2016, 10:09 PM   #27
lefteye

I'm almost 70. I've had carpal tunnel and thumb joint reconstruction surgery on both hands/arms. Very painful and recovery seemed slow, but I can still shoot long guns, handguns, and compound bows as accurately as before. Maybe I'm just lucky (but I still don't bet on Powerball).
Old August 12, 2016, 09:34 AM   #28
briandg

After years of wear and tear, and even a brain tumor, I believe that in some ways I'm much better, but my precision shooting has suffered.
Old August 13, 2016, 08:28 AM   #29
claydoctor

I'm 74 and had cataract surgery about 4 years ago. Before that I used bifocals. Now I just use reading glasses , distance vision is fine . I found that I needed my reading glasses to see the front sight but when using the standard +2.50 or +2.25 glasses , The target was way too blurry . The solution for me was to get some +1.50 reading glasses that I use only for shooting . With them I can see both front sight and target . To see target clearly after the shot , I just peer over the top of the glasses .