The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old February 19, 2008, 04:02 PM   #1
Capt. Dixie

What would you do? Misrepresented magazines purchased.

I wanted others input if you will. I purchased some magazines from a pretty major grip maker (and supplier of other gun items). I won't dog them until I get a final word on what they are going to do.
Anyway, they advertised 13 round mags and I bought 10 or so, don't recall the exact #. I purchased them a few mos. ago and just took one out yesterday to try out. It did not load 13 rounds at all. Just 10 would fit.

Sent an e-mail to the vendor and they pretty much said they thought they were 13-rounders. I replied I purchased them based on their website specifying the quantity being 13 rounds not 10 rounds.

They said I could return them for credit if purchased less than 30 days ago. Of course, they were not. I suggested as a compromise, they offer gratis 3 addl. mags. as show of good customer-service.

I have not heard back from them since this morning yet. What would you do? Was I fair in my suggestion? Thanks for any input.

I'll let you all know what happens when/if they reply. Also, their name.
Old February 19, 2008, 05:08 PM   #2
Double Naught Spy

You should have checked your purchase when you received it. If they have a 30 refund policy (which it sounds like they do), then that is your window, or was your window of opportunity to resolve issues. You let the opportunity pass and so now you are sort of stuck in the "all deals final after 30 days" situation.

With that said, if they have sold a product that isn't as claimed, then they should make it right even if by policy or sales protocol they don't have to do so. Surely you aren't the only person to notice the problem.
Old February 19, 2008, 06:37 PM   #3
Big Don

If this is a well-know company and you've done business with them in the past then I would expect them to make things right, despite the time limit. You haven't used the mags, they aren't what was offered and they stand to make you unhappy if they don't work with you. Word-of-mouth advertising is the best or the worst thing that can happen to a company and they should know that. Maybe work a deal on the return shipping costs as a good-faith effort.
I look forward to seeing how this is resolved.
Don
Old February 19, 2008, 06:47 PM   #4
Capt. Dixie

Mag issue

Thanks for the input thus far. While they may have had a 30 day return policy - I have not researched that yet, I'm not sure I should have loaded one of the mags to make sure they held 13 rounds not 10. I have bought a lot of magazines and have pretty much assumed (I know what that means, of course) the capacity was what was advertised. These are for a Sphinx pistol btw. I still have not heard back from the company, but will post how this turns out. Thanks for the help gentlemen.
Old February 20, 2008, 12:43 PM   #5
Capt. Dixie

Update - No Resolution Fm. Ajax Grips

After repeated e-mails to their no-service department, received a brief e-mail today telling me to send the "clips" back to them for credit. Some might take that as a concession on their part, but the fact of the matter is that they advertised these as 13 round magazines on their website and they are 10 round magazines. I did not get what I paid for. If I return them it will be on my dime and they offered no other compromise.

I had to send e-mail after e-mail and they do not take any responsibility for their mistakes. I guess that seems to be the norm with most companies these days.

I like the second part of their e-mail, which states: "FYI, 11 round was the biggest magazine ever made for the Sphinx 380." Yeah, well why did they advertise 13 round magazines for sale. Looks like they don't know what they are selling.

Nice way to treat a customer