The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old February 23, 2008, 04:32 PM   #1
mnlitig8r

IDPA Holster for XD-9 Tactical

I have a Springfield XD-9 Tactical model. I plan to try out some IDPA events and am looking for a suitable holster. Any suggestions?
Old February 24, 2008, 12:46 PM   #2
golf97

I shot IPSC with my XD45 Tactical yesterday and used the XDGear holster that comes with the gun (slides on the belt, open loop style). While it didn't give me an advantage, it worked fine. Kind of a pain to reholster but drew fine. I'm not so worried about my time, so I didn't care. In the future I'd like to get something a little better for carry, like a Serpa or something.
Old February 24, 2008, 10:01 PM   #3
Ken O

My XD45 came with a holster, but I got thier paddle holster also. They both will work just fine for IDPA.
Old February 25, 2008, 10:05 AM   #4
9mm1033

This is all I can think of...

Blade-Tech
TKW
Comp-Tac
Uncle Mike's
Forbus
Safariland
Blackhawk
Old February 25, 2008, 01:11 PM   #5
golf97

I got an Uncle Mike's for $16 at Sportsman's Warehouse yesterday and its much better than the holster the pistol comes with.

edit: its the molded paddle holster.

Last edited by golf97; February 25, 2008 at 01:16 PM. Reason: revision
Old May 5, 2008, 12:54 PM   #6
Gryff

Note that the Uncle Mike's kydex belt holster is not IDPA legal because it sticks the gun out too far from the body. Not sure about the paddle model, though.

Blade-Tech's Kydex holster is my choice for competition, but it is also $60+. They have an injection-molded model called the Revolution for half that price, but I haven't heard whether it is IDPA legal yet. My thinking is that it is, but I am trying to confirm that.
Old May 5, 2008, 10:02 PM   #7
glockopop

+1 to the Blade-Tech injection molded holster. I use one for my Glock and it is THE HEAT! Usually when I get a new gun I buy an Uncle Mike's holster to use while I decide what I want to get for a permanent use holster. I ran across a web special and got the Blade-Tech, and it is waaaaaay better than anything in the same price range. I haven't yet replaced it with something more expensive because I haven't seen any need to.

If you want something a little fancier, I have a Kytac holster I use for my 625 that I really like. I would recommend them without hesitation.
Old May 10, 2008, 05:46 AM   #8
ludwig1138

Quote:
+1 to the Blade-Tech injection molded holster.
I agree +1

The injection molded Revolution holster works fine for my Glock 22. I did take a sharp wood chisel and shave the two bumps that hold the trigger guard just a hair. This made it a bit smoother draw. I know there is adjustment with the screws but shaving the nubs made a smoother draw. I also wipe the inside of the holster with a silicone cloth.