The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old February 3, 2013, 05:52 PM   #1
MacPointMan

The ignorance NEVER ceases to amaze

http://www.nationalmemo.com/the-5-de...nline-legally/

I am so sick of the ignorance of those who oppose guns.
Let me die in a pile of empty brass.
Old February 3, 2013, 06:03 PM   #2
4runnerman

The last page ( PIC) Say's Marines holding Assult weapon same one you can buy in store???, I by far am not a AR person,but are not those in pic full auto?. I was not aware we can buy them. Someone correct me here.. My thought is we can not. The rest of what i read is garbage
Old February 3, 2013, 06:26 PM   #3
Armorer-at-Law

They realized it was all garbage and added this disclaimer:
Quote:
CORRECTION: A previous version of this story published on Dec. 14, 2012 contained factual errors regarding the sale of guns via the Internet. The National Memo regrets the errors and apologizes to readers.
Old February 3, 2013, 07:15 PM   #4
P1090

So many inaccuracies and stupid comments in that story. I kinda want to cry.

Range on the Barrett is 5 miles? Maybe max range, but sure as heck not effective range. Longest confirmed kill is 2,515 yards with an M82a1 according to Wiki. Sue me, I'm watching the Super Bowl and don't feel like doing a lot of research.

I know if you offered my unit the Bushmaster that the Newtown shooter supposedly used instead of our M4s, we'd laugh at you. I'd take it for free, but give up my M4 and use that instead? No thank you.

I want to see the angry teenaged mass shooter who can afford the NFA taxes on full autos, let alone the $400,000 plus needed to get one of TWELVE M134s legal to own (according to their own source). Or, you know, buy a car to mount it on. And afford the ammo. And do the electrical work to power the thing. It just goes on and on with the stupidity of that one.

"Glocks are the weapons of choice for mass shooters..." Or whatever the exact quote was. I don't want to go back to that story to find out. You can't make me.
Old February 3, 2013, 07:33 PM   #5
Glenn E. Meyer

This was a drive by and rules are rules.

Please folks, take the time for a summary. The article is for morons and if I had a summary I wouldn't have to open it. The polar bear was cute as was the nice little girl being shown the 50.