The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Closed Thread

Old July 6, 2005, 04:47 PM   #1
Rojoe67

Dear Moderators

How is Olympics and nations involved not on topic for legal and political?

Did I break a rule? No idea because someone locked it up with no details

Thanks for explaining it for me..... I didn't know of any other way to address this issue but in this forum as a post?

Regards........ Rojoe67
Old July 6, 2005, 06:05 PM   #2
Handy

I've had clearly "legal" threads locked. I think they want the legal and political stuff to fall into a fairly narrow range.
Old July 6, 2005, 06:07 PM   #3
tyme
Staff

This thread is certainly not on-topic.

If I had to guess, your olympics thread was locked because the initial post was your attendance or lack thereof, which is pretty much apolitical unless you are elected to public office in the next seven years.

(is that clear enough?)
(sorry, I should have made it clear that this was an edit in response to butch, to avoid adding another post)
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)
Old July 6, 2005, 08:25 PM   #4
butch50

Tyme: Please clarify.

‘‘The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun.’’ ~ Patrick Henry
Old July 6, 2005, 09:30 PM   #5
Johnny Guest
Moderator in Memoriam

Butch, please let it lay.

tyme wrote that reply to a specific question by Rojoe67. He asked Rojoe67 if the reply was clear enough. The question was directed to moderators, and tyme's answer was directed to the thread starter. You are neither.
Johnny
Old July 7, 2005, 01:44 PM   #6
TheBluesMan
Moderator Emeritus

Rojoe67 - Please check the thread in L&P.

-Dave
Tick-off Obama - Join the NRA Today - Save $10
Closed Thread