The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old September 6, 2013, 04:11 PM   #1
mrcharlie3531

S&W Online sales a MESS!!

I ordered Grips for my mod 60-7. I placed the order on 9/1/13. I received an email your order has been received. "Thank you". I am not expecting them to arrive the next day. I just look forward to a follow up email that reflects shipping. (maybe a tracking number)

I just called S&W Customer Service and spoke with Paul. He told me S&W is testing out new Online Software and trying to fix the bugs. "trying to keep up with high demand"

I can totally understand that. "He was not sure when any Online Orders would be shipped" I asked how long? "maybe 6 weeks" Sir " Can I cancel your order?" It is a current problem with any online order.

When I placed the order online. There was no mentions of these so called delays on the S&W website.

I have to give Paul credit where it's due. He was very cordial and professional with me over the phone. I also paid him the same courtesy back. I felt bad for the guy. I couldn't take these phones call all day long.

I have a computer background. The S&W Website looks very professionally well done. Unfortunately It is not working for them. They need immediate quick updates.

Paul gave me my order cancellation number. We can't email it to you. I had to write it down.
Old September 9, 2013, 07:40 AM   #2
Limey46

I ordered some mags from them and got an e-mail acknowledgment of the order, then nothing for a month. I called, waited 45 minutes on hold, then spoke to a man (I think it might have been Paul) who politely told me that the mags were out of stock and he didn't know when they might be available. I cancelled the order and wasn't offered a number. So how about that for retail integrity? Accept an order for goods you don't have, leave your customer waiting, and then make him seek you out before you tell him? Midway had the mags in stock, of course, and they arrived three days later.
Old September 12, 2013, 08:21 AM   #3
Jdomin

S&w on line sales

I had ordered grips for a 44 special trail gun they sent the wrong grips. I called and spoke to customer service rep who ordered the correct grips and told me to keep the other set of grips no charge. I am completly satisfied with S&W.