The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old June 14, 2006, 10:10 PM   #26
armedandsafe

I have several, but this one is the most recent. I have told it before on some forums, so you might have already seen it.

I was lying in bed one evening, watching TV with FirstInLine, when I heard a big THUMP and the house shook. I rolled our and slipped into my robe and grabbed the nearest gun, a S&W M&P in 32-20. I had been cowboy shooting that day, so it was in a low=slung, tie-down holster and belt. I walked down the hall to find my #3 idot son had let a couple of fellows come in through the front door. I started to query them and found out that they had missed the corner at the front of the house and had driven their car over my front lawn and run into the house.

One of the fellows had NO English and the other one was only somewhat understandable. Luckily, he was the (relatively) sober one. I sat the two of them on opposite sides of the room, about 15 degrees apart from my vantage point, and about 10 feet away from me, and told son to call 911. The drunk said "No 911," and the sober one put his hand on my son's arm. We went through this a couple of times.

Finally, I commanded my son in my best DI voice to call the police and the drunk started to swear in Spanish and lunged up from the couch toward me. As he straightened, he found himself looking down the barrel of the S&W, hammer back. He sank back down on the couch, discovered he did have passable English and started calling me "Sir."

I didn't have to fire that time, but the little guy never realized how close he and his buddy came to making a mess in my living room. I was told later they had both been deported, again.

Pops

If it time to bury them, it is time to dig them up.
Remember, "Behind every blade of grass."
Old June 14, 2006, 11:54 PM   #27
chemist308

Quote:
Get this, the 911 operator that was still on the line is screaming at me to PUT DOWN MY GUN! I am like NO WAY but when your deputy's arrive I will meet them with empty hands.
Yep, you need to learn to be a better victim.
Seriously I would probably have hung up right there.