The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old January 2, 2013, 10:36 PM   #26
steveNChunter

The Burris Fullfield II 3-9x40 would be a great scope if you havent already bought one. I recently bought one for my .25-06 and i love it. Much brighter and clearer than most other scopes in this price range. I found the best deal at Bass Pro Shops. They had them on sale for $150. I dont know if they are still going for this price. Read some online reviews for this scope. Betcha dont find a bad one.
Old February 7, 2013, 09:14 PM   #27
Pastordee

Finally!!

Ok B-day money came in and I wound up ordering a Nikon Buckmaster 4.5 x 14 40 with Talley lightweight one piece rings, scope was 259.00 and rings was 40.00 , scope has BDC reticle, best reputable price I could find was from the riflescope store.
I wanted to thank all of you guys for the very informative posts and advice.
I will have them installed and boresighted by a pro.
Thanks again everyone!!
Old February 7, 2013, 10:14 PM   #28
reynolds357

You selected a good scope and great rings.
Old February 9, 2013, 07:04 PM   #29
Major Dave (retired)

If you buy a used Leupold scope...

you should know that any malfunction will be fixed by their customer service dept FREE.

For example, I bought a used Leupold Vari X III (the "Vari X" line is 10 years or so old), then I found out it wasn't holding zero. I had noticed a slight dent on the side of the ocular lens housing, but the original owner told me he did that by putting the rifle in a hard case and carrying it on the handlebars of his ATV - no big deal, he claimed. So, I sent it in to Leupold for repair. They said it had apparently been dropped, resulting in broken internal parts. Since it was no longer manufactured, there were no repair parts available. Therefore, they volunteered to give me, FREE OF CHARGE, a current (VX-3 series) scope - retail value $430 (2.5-8X36).

Long story short, you can count on Leupold service dept treating you right.