The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old October 15, 2000, 07:26 PM   #1
USP45usp

Okay.. many peoples (over 7 grand so far) are members of TFL. Many have "gun meets" or "meets" all over the area. Some we (others) can't get too due to area. Set up a "meet" forum.. this way, fellow TFL'ers can get in touch with others near thier area to have meets. This will be on a voluntary basis.. giving out area or State info. Host shoots, meetings, etc.. It will be allot of work but if enough people give information then maybe it will be worth it. A small format:

TFL'ers from Oregon: Notice, a meet is in progress. Email (so n so) to mark a good date or time to meet for Longshots Elk BBQ and get together. Come one, come all to meet your fellow TFL'ers, discuss politics and then shoot (if property or club allows). Email so n so to arrange the best time and date for this great event. Thanks to all.

Well hell, it's worth a try.

USP45usp
Old October 15, 2000, 08:56 PM   #2
TheBluesMan
Moderator Emeritus

That is a great idea! Check this out:

Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises
Keep others informed of available ranges in their area; Provide reviews of courses you've taken; Arrange Regional TFL GetTogethers; or just discuss today's Range Session.

Great minds think alike, eh?
Old October 16, 2000, 06:32 AM   #3
Hal

Yep. George needs the traffic to keep him awake
As a further suggestion, when posting there (Lock n Load), put your full State name, such as Oregon, in the topic. Since most of these posts are going to be realtivly short, it will aid the search engine in finding your area. I believe Utah has the most posts concerning get togethers. Go over to LnL and use Utah as a seacrh item and you can see what I mean.
Old October 16, 2000, 09:37 AM   #4
Caeca Invidia Es
Staff Alumnus

That's because there is nothing else to do in Utah but get together with friends and shoot up the desert...

------------------
Being a pessimist is great, I'm always right or pleasantly surprised.
Old October 16, 2000, 10:12 AM   #5
George Hill
Staff Alumnus

Or race around the desert with your hair on fire...

Old October 16, 2000, 09:40 PM   #6
Hal

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by George Hill:
Or race around the desert with your hair on fire...

[/quote]
LOL! "The Crazy World of Arthur Brown"
I AM THE GOD OF
HELLFIRE AND I BRING YOU,,

He put on one heck of a show. Used to set his hair on fire and plung 25 feet onto the stage.