The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old March 15, 2013, 04:08 PM   #1
BerdanSS

Trust help, in Indiana

Are any of you guys form Indiana? Who should I go to for setting up a trust here in the Hoosier state? I'd like to have my father, wife and brother as trustees so they can use the NFA items too. And that way they are protected in case the worst happens, they wont just be seized and disposed of.

I don't know ANYTHING about setting these things up, but based on our situation and things we are looking for....it seems to be the best option over just individual purchase. I've been wanting to set one up for a while.
Old March 16, 2013, 03:09 PM   #2
eodinert

Quicken Willmaker works great for a lot of people... contrary to what lawyers selling trust making services will tell you.

Read up on arfcom, or look at the hometown forums there.
Old March 16, 2013, 11:53 PM   #3
BerdanSS

I'll check into that....What type of trust am I looking for?
Old March 18, 2013, 09:57 AM   #4
eodinert

A revokable living trust is what most people use.

I bought an older version of Quicken on Amazon for about $9 shipped. I bought an older version, because the newer version costs more, and apparently the trust function is 'on line' vs 'on the disk' on the older version (I'm in Afghanistan right now, and I didn't want to depend on an internet connection).

It's very easy to do, just do a ton of reading first. No rocket science, but a lot of nuance. I would recommend finding some place with a more active NFA forum, or do a lot of googling to answer your questions.