The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 12, 2008, 01:46 PM   #1
Thud

Scout scope?

Planning to 'sniperize' a Finn MN, and not wanting to drill the receiver, I'm going to buy a Darrell scout mount. I'd like to get some opinions about a decent, not so expensive scope. What about NCstar? Or maybe Simmons? Any info most welcome. Thanks beforehand.-
Old October 14, 2008, 04:01 AM   #2
Thud

???
Old October 14, 2008, 10:20 AM   #3
Gaimen

NCStar

I bought a 2.5x NCStar for my AK. I have probably shot ~300 rounds through it with no problems.

It is not as clear as the nicer brands but it was only ~$35 so that is too be expected.

I bought it from www.opticsplanet.com. Lots of choices and mine was free shipping.

Good Luck!
Old October 14, 2008, 01:27 PM   #4
sholling

Ouch. I can see doing that to a Rusky M38 but not a Finn but it's your rifle. Anyway the Darrell mount works pretty well. Just hang onto the old sights for later. What I would not do is hang a $40 NcStar on a fine rifle. I had a Nikon 2-8x28 handgun scope on my M1a Squad Scout for a while and it worked pretty well. How about a Weaver 4x28 handgun scope? Or a Nikon 2x20? A fixed power should eliminate the moving eye relief sweet spot. 15" worked pretty well for me.