The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Closed Thread

Old March 15, 2013, 04:47 PM   #176
predecessor

Quote:
and everything I've said that may sound like opinion has been backed by facts.
Please check your facts on the Walther PPQ.

I happen to carry a Five-seveN. I know many others who do as well. I will have to inform them that they have a "military" and not a "carry" pistol.

The rest of your comments regarding other pistols shot or carried in single action make no sense to me. This thread was fun though. Enjoyed some good popcorn!
Old March 15, 2013, 07:41 PM   #177

My facts came directly from Walther's website where they state the action types of all of their pistols and the PPQ is listed as a Pre-Cock, meaning that part of the trigger travel has to push the striker rearward before it release and fires the pistol. Just like Glocks. Maybe you ought to take a look for yourself at the Walther website. That was something I knew previously but checked to confirm it.

Can't understand why you didn't get what I was saying about SA's when any professional trainer in this country will tell you that they need a higher level of training if you plan to carry one.

And if you carry a .22 caliber handgun for defense . . . better enjoy that popcorn while you can!
Old March 15, 2013, 07:47 PM   #178

Quote:
My purpose at the end was to show that all those "features" that you keep mentioning that make the XD better than the Glock are very minimal, and pale in comparison to how a gun works for YOU. I picked a Glock not because of a list of features, or lack of features, but because the gun worked for me. That's the point I'm trying to make.

You like XDs? Cool, keep shooting them. I have no issue whatsoever about that. I'm still trying to figure out what exactly you have against Glocks though...and why you need to keep repeating the same "features" over and over again to "prove" why your choice is better.

The funny part about all of this is that taking a step back, and looking at all of this, we're all nitpicking about tiny, insubstantial features. XDs are accurate. Glocks are accurate. XDs are reliable. Glocks are reliable. XDs are safe, in safe hands. Glocks are safe, in safe hands. XDs are rugged. Glocks are rugged. In the grand scheme of things, you cannot go wrong with either choice. It's all personal preference.
I agree. I got on the thread to advocate the grip safety on the XD/XDm pistols. Pointing design out features is really about new or newer shooters who may be trying to make a choice. I don't have any problem with 9mm Glocks. My shooting partner carried one for years and I've personally owned 3 of them.
Old March 15, 2013, 07:49 PM   #179
Spats McGee
Staff

Enough.