The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old August 13, 2010, 04:32 PM   #1
Torchmate

Looking for some advice on a AR10 .308

I had a guy hit me up about trading an Armalite AR10 .308 for one of our little CNC Machines. The problem is that I have no idea what it is worth. I am hoping that someone here lead me in the right direction. I do a fair amount of target shooting with a friend of mine. He has a .223 that is a blast to shoot. I was going to get one just like it, but this offer kind of popped out of the blue. Below is the description and some pictures. Can somebody tell me if this gun is worth what he says it is?

Here is the description I was given:

Here are some picks of my AR, It started life as a Armalite Ar10 ( 308 Cal.)I changed the lower to a Off Ban List ( California Thing) Aeroprecision Lower
( Same Lower different Name) it has a Armalite 308 20 inch barrel, Armalite Free Floating Stock, JP Mussel Break, Magpull PRS Stock, Hogue Grip,Armalite trigger group, Bullet button Mag Release ( California Rule ) ( Can be changes easily) Leupold 3x9 Scope ( VX2). This Is a new build , only test fired. I have Over $2,000.00 into this Rifle I need to get $1,600.00 credit towards a 2x2 setup.

Thanks for the help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ar10 006-400.jpg (18.8 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg ar10 011-400.jpg (16.3 KB, 53 views)
Old August 13, 2010, 05:01 PM   #2
thesheepdog

$1300 sounds about right, but $1600 aint bad.
Old August 14, 2010, 08:37 AM   #3
madcratebuilder

That appears to be a ArmaLite AR-10 A4 SPR clone. They run just over $1600 new. Add the value of the scope and mount, the PRS is a $200 upgrade, the FF rail is a upgrade. So $1600 is not a bad price, if your looking for this style of rifle.

Sounds like a nice rifle. IMHO ArmaLite and Noveske are top tier manufacturers(forged vs billet), excellent accuracy. The mags do cost more for them as compared to the other .308 platform rifles, but how many mags do you need.
Old August 14, 2010, 11:32 AM   #4
Torchmate

Thanks guys! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting ripped off. We are going to make the trade next week. I am excited to try it out.