The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old December 3, 2013, 09:05 AM   #1
Gary Slider

Delaware to Drop Virginia . . . Heads Up Armed Citizens United

On Dec. 7 2013 Delaware will no longer honor Virginia. Virginia has not made any public statement if they will drop Delaware. Delaware has had Dec 7, 2013 posted on their website for the last 9 or 10 months stating, “Virginia reciprocity will be revoked on December 7, 2013.´I do not know why they dropped them or why they kept honoring them when posting a date that they would drop them so far in the future. http://attorneygeneral.delaware.gov/...dweapons.shtml

Two weeks ago Armed Citizens United and their hosting company were sent a Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Complaint by Handgunlaw.us as Armed Citizens United copied word for word 5 to 12 sections from all 50 of our state pages and placed them on their site. They even removed Handgunlaw.us when it was listed on a page in a Note and replaced it with “We” making it look like it was their material. Even the headers on the different page section for each page used our exact wording. When contacted they stated they didn’t know it was copied from us and have removed our material and have changed the wording on their headers to be different from ours at this time. At this time they have no info posted for any state except for the states elected officials. They even required a paid membership to see part of the information that was copied from us. You can see a screen grab I took of one of their pages by going Here: http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/...ps79e36acc.png You can see what they have on their resources page now for each state Here: https://armedcitizensunited.com/resources/ You can make up your own mind about this new group.

Many forums like this one post items from Handgunlaw.us when answering questions people have or post a link to the site showing them where to find the information they are looking for. That is perfectly legal and we are glad that other people find our information valuable and share it in that way answering questions that people have. In almost every one of those post when something is quoted from Handgunlaw.us the person posting it also states that the info came from Handgunlaw.us. Again Thank You!

www.handgunlaw.us will be updated Friday 12/6/13 with the change in DE honoring VA.
Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.

Last edited by Gary Slider; December 3, 2013 at 09:32 AM.
Old December 3, 2013, 09:15 AM   #2
Gary Slider

Well I screwed something up when I put the image of what I captured on our site. THis link will take you to it. . http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/...ps79e36acc.png
Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.

Last edited by Gary Slider; December 3, 2013 at 09:32 AM.
Old December 3, 2013, 10:06 AM   #3
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

Thank you Gary.

This type of copyright infringement just reinforces our commitment at TFL when we changed our own copyright policies.

It isn't just some nebulous Big Shot or some "Monster" corporation that is hurt. It is folks like Gary and handgunlaw.us that can be damaged by such theft of content.