The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old December 26, 2007, 05:10 PM   #1
Delynn

Looking for good guide out West

I am looking for a good guide for all the big game animals out west. Utah, Colorado, and Arizona. I already apply in Nevada and New Mexico with some top notch guides. Does anyone have any experience in those other states. I would like to draw for public land. Private land I think will be out of my price range. I am looking for a full service guide or outfitter. Looking at around $4,000 or less. I would like to hunt high quality animals. I have several deer that are 165 inches and elk that score up to 353 inch. I am looking to upgraded my mounts. I am a fishing guide so I know that getting a quality guide by looking at web sites can be a crap shoot. And, there is a ton of crap out there. Any help getting me in the right direction would be great. Rifle, Archery, or Muzzleloader. It does not matter to me. Thanks for the help in advance. By the way, anyone looking into New Mexico or Nevada, I will help you all I can.
Old December 26, 2007, 10:28 PM   #2
taylorce1

http://www.colorado-outfitters.com/ Check this site out for some information. I don't use guides but from the people I know who do, they say call or email the people on the reference list. They all so say that if the guide service will not provide references don't use them. Good luck finding you hunt.