The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old September 19, 2014, 12:57 PM   #26
Sure Shot Mc Gee

Holy mackeral, when did THIS happen?

FWIW: If you can make due not having to have a modern rifle or shotgun {which most fellows will refuse to do.} Then expect to see the same problems you now incur and perhaps worse in the future in regards to ammo prices, availability, and there components. Otherwise everyone has a alternative to turn too. Black Powder weaponry. It will be a cold day in hell before I'll pay 2-3-4 or more dollars per shot to shoot my favorite modern long gun. {They'll sit in the safe if that's to be expected.} But I'll still get out to hunt birds and big game and no doubt will fill the freezer here when many others will procrastinate whether they will or not because of costs or unavailable ammo. Sometimes we all have to step back and look around and perhaps take a alternative route we've overlooked in the past to achieve our sporting goals. Black powder shooting has done just that for me.