The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old June 25, 2014, 12:30 AM   #1
Clark

I used a reloading manual!

"Nosler 5th" 2002.
I selected it because it is 1.5" thick.
I took the press mounting board out of my vehicle and put it on a 6x12 Douglas Fir header plopped on an old typewriter table. The table goes up and down an inch to go from 4 caster wheels to 4 rubber feet. I put the book between the board and the floor and screwed the board to the header.

Now I can roll a reloading set up so the the press handle almost touches my elbow when I type at my desk.

pic above same as link below.
"Ad hominem fallacy" is not the same as point by point criticism of books. If you bought the book, and believe it all, it may FEEL like an ad hominem attack, but you might strive to accept other points of view may exist.
Are we a nation of competing ideas, or a nation of forced conformity of thought?
Old June 25, 2014, 06:58 PM   #2
savagelover

that is the most ugliest set up ever....But if your happy with it,then
ok....Just kiddin man..Great idea..
Old June 25, 2014, 07:32 PM   #3
Machineguntony

With two presses next to each other, does that qualify as a progressive press? How many rounds per hour will it turn out? You need a bullet dropper.
Old June 26, 2014, 05:16 PM   #4
Clark

That is my removable vehicle set up that is in the house right now.

I took it out of the vehicle. I have making 800 pound trips to the dump, and did not want that stuff rubbing on my reloading equipment.

I have had a $20 Lee reloader press clamped to my desk and constantly used for months that gets all the action while the co-ax presses in the reloading room gather dust.

But the Lee kept getting oil on my pants and that made me so angry I decided to audition some other press for the desk job.
"Ad hominem fallacy" is not the same as point by point criticism of books. If you bought the book, and believe it all, it may FEEL like an ad hominem attack, but you might strive to accept other points of view may exist.
Are we a nation of competing ideas, or a nation of forced conformity of thought?
Old June 27, 2014, 05:48 PM   #5
Machineguntony

This might qualify as addiction
Old June 28, 2014, 12:02 PM   #6
serf 'rett

YOU used a reloading manual?

I just had to see how YOU used a reloading manual.

I was not disappointed.
Old June 28, 2014, 01:34 PM   #7
Sevens

Bah, this thread sucks!

I am waiting for...
and only interested in...

...the reloading manual that Clark publishes.

Until that, this thread holds no allure.
Old June 28, 2014, 01:36 PM   #8
Sevens

And it's gotta have pictures.

I'll go ahead and suggest that for the very top-end max load, a small picture (a bit bigger than thumbnail size) of the blown-up firearm should be placed next to the max load.

Feel free to show pictures of warped brass, leftover now-hardened and formerly molten primers, maybe some scorch marks and blast residue.