The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old August 1, 2011, 01:08 AM   #26
youngunz4life

I was reading this thread the other day. I had thought hollows were illegal in nj. Well it sounds like the law is sort of like the signs: "It is a felony to illegally possess a firearm on these premises"(basically if you are a legal gun owner and/or CCW then it is ok).

the law does help giving real bad criminals more time in the pen w/extra charges but it seems rather pointless...just glad the avergae joe Can carry hollows because that is all I carry.
Old August 1, 2011, 01:07 PM   #27
NJgunowner

You can't "carry" anything in NJ. You can however own them and keep them at home for self defense purposes.
Old August 1, 2011, 01:49 PM   #28
bravo124

NJ gunowner has it pretty much covered. The only thing that I would change is the part about Police Officers not knowing the law about guns. Being a Police Officer in New Jersey, I know our state's gun laws as do most of my department's officers. I agree that there are Police Officers that do not know the laws when it comes to firearms, but I make sure that every officer in my department understands the laws when it comes to firearms. If you really get down to it, there are Police Officers out there that shouldn't even be Police Officers. Just didn't want to be bunched in with those folks. Also, I encourage every law abiding citizen to purchase and be properly trained in the safe handling of their weapon. And yes, they do look at me like I'm crazy because the state makes people feel like it's a bad thing to own a gun.