The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old March 24, 2007, 12:54 PM   #101
moxmox

Nylon 66 disassembly instructions

Hi, just purchased this firearm from a friend's father. This gun is in major need of cleaning before I think it would be safe to fire. I would appreciate any help in getting the manual or any instructions on break-down/reassembly. Thanks.
email is [email protected]
Old March 25, 2007, 06:15 PM   #102
otownsurf

thanks in advance

I would greatly appreciae a copy of those instructions as well. Theycan be emailed to [email protected] I have had one sine I was 10 and I'm now 30 and I have to say it has always been ine of my favorites. Thanks again for the help
Old March 25, 2007, 11:56 PM   #103
mrefaat

Manual

Hi, can I please get a copy of the disassembly/assembly instructions manual?

[email protected]

Much appreciated
Old March 29, 2007, 04:56 PM   #104
toddman

I too am in need of assembly instructions for the model 66. Took it apart, cleaned it all up and got everything back in it's place except the cartridge stop spring. Where the #$%& does that thing go?!?!?

Harley, please send the instructions to [email protected]

Thanks!
Todd
Old April 1, 2007, 04:01 PM   #105
toolman846

Hate to add to your burden, but I too have a Nylon 66 I need instructions for. I have just run across this place, while I was looking for a diagram of the earlier models of S&W M&P, or Model 10, the ones with the little lever inside the trigger, (that had slotted-head, screw-out pivot posts instead of studs) instead of the "clothespin" spring, to tension the hand. Any help you might be able to give me on this would be greatly appreciated, as well. Or perhaps just point me in the right direction, to a sight which might have this info. Thank you vry much for any assistance you can give me.

Jim M.
[email protected]
Old April 23, 2007, 01:29 PM   #106
THE_K-MAN

Greetings Sir,

I have a REMINGTON- NYLON 66 .22 cal. and need some instructions so I can disassemble, clean, reassemble.
"SHE" has been in storage several years, I got her out and looked at her, she needs a good cleaning...

If you can help me out with this I'd sure appreciate it sir.

Thank You,

THE_K-MAN

[email protected]
Old April 24, 2007, 05:00 PM   #107
THE_K-MAN

Harley Nolden stated:

Harley Nolden
Staff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The Disassem is no longer available"

HJN

If anyone has a copy of this rare item & will share you'll have my vote for Sainthood. This has turned out to be as hard or harder than going to the Dress shop with my wife and waiting while she tries on every Dress in the Store before she makes up her mind. I'd rather be out plunking a few targets.

THE_K-MAN

[email protected]
Old April 24, 2007, 06:58 PM   #108
Kailua

Nylon 66 Instructions

I'm another one who would like a copy of the disassemble & reassemble instructions. I got mine in 1972 and need to clean it up.

Thank you,

kailua

email address:
[email protected]
Old April 24, 2007, 07:15 PM   #109
williamd

Quote:
I just obtained an old Remington Apache 77 22 autloader (like a Nylon 66 but with a clip, apparently a special run made for K-Mart
CliveW .. 77 was generally available.

Part 19 on the schematic from Nortonics will go in two ways, so check the diagram as the gun will only work that way.

Remington has sent me several very complete schematics/parts lists. You have to request each type, but I have received more than one at a time. 742 and 3200 last week. Good support.
Old April 25, 2007, 12:46 PM   #110
THE_K-MAN

Nylon 66 - Field Take-down

Nylon 66,
Take-down: Field cleaning;
Put the safety on, leave it on.
Remove magazine tube and any ammo.
Check chamber again, then pull charging handle straight out to remove.
Remove the two screws on the right side of receiver cover.
Pull straight up on receiver cover and set aside. Note position of bolt extension over barrel.
Remove ejector from left side of action area, should drop straight out, it’s the only large metal piece on the left side.
Turn rifle over, start unscrewing the barrel screw from underside of rifle. It’s the only screw on the bottom.
Do not fully remove this screw yet, turn rifle right side up and push screw up to release the barrel. The barrel will pull straight out of the stock.
Note that the bolt has moved forward to contact the barrel retention piece.
Finish removing the barrel screw and remove the barrel retention band and its alignment plate from the stock, make a note of how they come out, the plate is marked "front" if you forget.
Pull the bolt out toward the front.
Remove the recoil spring and plunger.
You are basically done now, you can remove the striker, but I don't recommend it for most people, you can reassemble the striker assembly so the safety doesn't work but everything else works normally, i.e. the gun will fire when the trigger is pulled on safe. !!!NOT RECOMMENDED!!!
Air-Hose, brush, wipe, spray, whatever the rest of the crud out, and clean the barrel normally.
Reassembly is in the reverse order.
Good luck. BE SAFE!
Old May 19, 2007, 03:34 AM   #111
Cunfuzed1

Remington Nylon idiot proofing

For Harley and the rest-- All the information that you require to assemble /disassemble a Remington nylon can be found at http://www.nylonrifles.com
Old May 19, 2007, 01:31 PM   #113
Cunfuzed1

Remington Nylon idiot proofing

I want my "sainthood " soon please.
Old May 20, 2007, 10:10 AM   #114
rivercityred58

Nylon 66 assembly instructions

I have a Nylon 66 which was taken apart for cleaning (never should have done that) and now I can Not reassemble. please help. Any amplifying info can be sent to: [email protected]
Old May 30, 2007, 10:53 AM   #115
banjoman

Cunfused1 is a saint!!!

The link you posted is GREAT!!!! I just bought a 66 for my son and would swear it was the one I had about 35 years ago.. LOL .. I totaly broke down his 66, cleaned it, and put it back together with no problems using one of the documents there. However, I do have experience with small assemblies & such. Just make sure the rifle is cocked when taking it apart and you pay attention to the cocking assembly so you can get it back together properly. (If you end up with a basket case find someone who knows what they are doing or I'll buy it for $20...LOL.....)

You all may want to take a peek at this site too. It has ALL KINDS of manuals including firearms, military, & such. Most of the firearms manuals are owners manuals but there is still some really good ones there. Really old ones too....

http://pdf.textfiles.com/manuals/

Banjoman

[email protected]
Old July 1, 2007, 10:05 PM   #116
W.E.G.

http://www.nylonrifles.com/Nylonpdf/66DIS.pdf
Old October 31, 2007, 01:19 PM   #117
tmor5078

puting it together again

Can some was e mail me those instructions. It would be much appreciated...

[email protected] thanks again
Old January 11, 2008, 06:02 PM   #118
rjuren

Remington Nylon 66 Disassembly Instructions

Okay guys - I've done a lot of searching and finally found this site which has the complete user manual, exploded diagram, and dissassembly instructions in .pdf format. There is no charge and you can download them / print them off..

Here's a word of caution though.. In all of my research I have seen it stated repeatedly - Don't Do It !! I haven't taken mine apart yet - I'm still reading the instructions and trying to decide if I'm smart enough to take this on.. LOL

Enjoy !!

www.nylonrifles.com

Choose "Documents" at the top of the page and then scroll down to see all of the manual documents.
Old January 11, 2008, 06:04 PM   #119
rjuren

Oopps !!

Sorry guys !! This is where I found that good information.. I intended to post it on a different site - not this one. Please excuse the error
Old January 23, 2008, 01:47 PM   #120
j4real

help, need reassembly instructions desperately.
please e-mail to: [email protected]

thanks
Old January 28, 2008, 12:44 AM   #121
j4real

Desperate Need of Nylon 66 reassembly instructions

Harley:

I'm in desperate need of reassembly instructions for Remington Nylon 66. Please send to
[email protected].

Thanks Jay
Old February 1, 2008, 09:46 AM   #122
Rich Perik

Nylon 66 Disassembly instructions

Could I please have a copy of the disassembly instructions?
Old February 3, 2008, 12:50 PM   #123
coyoteplinker

nylon66 inherited...arg

Hi all..nice to see I share this problem and am not a complete idiot..

Harley, you are a man among men to help us out.

I have just inherited a chromed, black nylon 66..I wanna use it..but someone pulled the barrel and it doesn't get back in in a way that allows the action to operate correctly..

Could you please send me those instructions too?

[email protected]

Has anyone else had this specific problem?

Old May 27, 2008, 05:40 PM   #124
rodneyatp

Nylon 66 instructions and diagram

I have a brown Remington Nylon 66 that I purchased new in about 1960. I need the disassembly-reassembly instructions and diagram if available. The book that came with the gun has long since disappeared.

Thanks,
Old May 27, 2008, 06:28 PM   #125
rodneyatp

Cancel

I have a 76 not a 66. Sorry about the confusion