The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 26, 2006, 10:32 PM   #1
p230

Speed Feed stocks

Does anyone here have much experience with the Speed Feed stocks. I just got my new FN police shotgun in and am thinking about getting a speed feed II with the pistol grip and replacing the standard rear stock. Thanks for any input.

p230
Old February 27, 2006, 04:19 AM   #2
malachi

I like the way a pistol grip shotgun feels and handles. Had one on a Benelli and may put one on my 11-87P. You are aware that the FN has a shorter stock for use with tactical gear and you will loose that unless speedfeed makes one also.
Can't help you much more than that. I prefer a 6 rd. side-saddle for carrying extra ammo as opposed to speedfeed's 4 rds. in the stock.
Old February 27, 2006, 04:44 AM   #3
p230

A Speed Feed 1 came with it so I might put it on and see what the difference is like. I am really more interested in the pistol grip. Who makes a similiar length stock as the FN but with a pistol grip?
Old February 27, 2006, 10:31 AM   #4
paulweir

I have factory speedfeed stocks on both my Mossberg 500 and 590 and they work fine, it allows me to carry another 4 shells (all slugs) in the gun without an ungainly (and in my opinion unsightly) bolt on plastic sideshell carrier. I bought one on E Bay for only $25 less than a third what you would pay at Mossberg.