The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old November 4, 2016, 07:59 PM   #26
Auto5

Be careful with high velocity ammo in a pen gun. I had the Braverman pen gun in .25acp. I tried one of those hyper velocity frangible rounds that was supposed to give a .25 the stopping power of of a .45. I can't remember the brand (not Glaser, it had a black tip). After firing one round, it seized up so bad that I couldn't unscrew the barrel to extract the case. I brought it to the range gunsmith, who had to put it in a padded vise to get the barrel unscrewed. It worked fine afterward will standard .25 ball, but I sold it soon afterward for a fraction of what they sell for these days.
Old November 4, 2016, 08:15 PM   #27
Auto5

I remember now, it was MagSafe.
Old November 5, 2016, 02:38 PM   #28
TailGator

The barrel on the Libia is 1-13/16 inches long.

Reassembly: If it was two feet higher, it would be a pain in the neck.
Old November 5, 2016, 09:13 PM   #29
cw308

Went down that road. Best sights for a carry gun , no sights. Went with the Colt New Agent in 45acp , comes with Crimson Trace Grips. Just a down an dirty gun. Made for conceal carry. The CT makes it very accurate.Sorry guys, this answer was for a different post.

Last edited by cw308; November 6, 2016 at 11:23 AM.
Old November 6, 2016, 12:13 AM   #30
Bill DeShivs

Lasers are not a replacement for sights.
Old November 7, 2016, 09:29 AM   #31
Skans

Quote:
Be careful with high velocity ammo in a pen gun. I had the Braverman pen gun in .25acp. I tried one of those hyper velocity frangible rounds that was supposed to give a .25 the stopping power of of a .45.
Thanks for the warning. I was planning on firing a couple of high velocity rounds through it - that's what I was looking for. If I do, I think I'll use some anti-seize grease on the barrel threads. Or, maybe I'll skip the hyper velocity stuff now that you've got me thinking???