The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old July 24, 2014, 08:35 AM   #1
old fart

is this good stuff?

ok i have decided to keep my service six, no more posts on trading i promise. it just shoots and feels to good to get rid of. it will be something i can pass down to my son, and i was wondering about this stuff. BLUE WONDER ARMADILLO GUN & METAL RUST PREVENTATIVE. never heard of it before and thought it might be an option to get for my gun. thanks
Old July 24, 2014, 11:47 PM   #2
Crazy88Fingers

If the gun is stored indoors and regularly maintained then any regular oil should work fine for rust prevention.
Old July 27, 2014, 09:30 PM   #3
James K
Member In Memoriam

For about the last four months I have been using a Blaster spray product called Corrosion Stop. It helps remove rust and corrosion and seems to prevent further attacks without harming wood or bluing. Home Depot sells it.

Now notice that I have been using it for only a short time so I can't assess the long term effects.

It is thicker than gun oil and sticks to both the gun and the hands, something some folks might not like. But for working on some rusted guns I got hold of, it seems quite good.

Jim