The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old May 22, 2013, 07:14 PM   #26
boardrx

I went through this same research a while back and settled on the Streamlight TLR-4.

It's a light/laser combo as others have mentioned, and I absolutely love it.

It secures to my Glock 19 well, the light is SUPER bright and the laser helps with quick target acquisition.

I highly recommend the TLR-4. By the way I found it on Amazon for about $125 but I think the price varies slightly.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20130329_130412.jpg (188.3 KB, 38 views)

Last edited by boardrx; May 22, 2013 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Insert photo
Old May 23, 2013, 12:05 PM   #27
dgludwig

I, too, spent a lot of time researching which "tactical" light to put on my "nightstand" gun, a SIG Model 226 (though I regrettably didn't have the great advantage that k511 has by "trying them on" first), before deciding on the Streamlight Model TLR-2S. I like the idea of having a laser as a part of the light unit, whether I use it or not. Though the model I opted for has a strobe feature; activating the strobe quickly takes some practice and is unnecessarily awkward to engage as far as I'm concerned. Turning the light and/or laser on or off is very simple and fast to employ. I also like the fact that this model is constructed of machined aluminum and is considerably cheaper than the equivalent Surefire model. The Streamlight light/laser is very easy to install and remains rock solid after repeated shots.
I am very satisfied with the Streamlight unit at this point in time. I haven't shot it enough yet to determine how durable it will be following many more shots and hard use but the lifetime warranty gives me some peace of mind.
I think that a reliable semi-auto, with a capacity of sixteen 9mm rounds and equipped with traditional night sights, paired with the Streamlight tactical LED light/laser and strobe makes for a formidable nightstand self-defense pistol.