The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old September 18, 2009, 11:12 PM   #1
ECHOONE

Mernickle Holster

I just spent the last 5 months trying to buy a quality Cross Draw holster. The first Custom maker whom shall remain nameless was a total disaster jerking me around for several months before finally admitting to me he really didn't know how to make a Cross Draw holster! You figure that one out!
I was going to go back to my old source but someone recommended Mernicle holster to me,after reviewing what other customers said about his work I figured I'd give him a shot. 5 weeks after ordering my holster arrived. On first inspection I immediately could see the quality of leather used was of the highest quality,His stitching was meticulous and the holster itself was light weight with nice lines to it. The biggets thing was it was the first holster I have ever purchased that my pistol actually fit properly in brand new, NO Siran Wrap, No Intital struggle to get the pistol in to a stiff holster! Within 2 dozen draws my pistol was sliding out like glass yet if I turned the holster upside down and shook it it stayed in place,that's craftmenship! If anyone is in need of one sweet Cross Draw holster give Bill a call @ Mernicle you wont be dissapointed I sure wasn't!
Old September 20, 2009, 08:19 AM   #2
Peter Weber

That's good to know. I'm looking for a hunting holster presently. I think I saw his website somewhere. Oh well, I'll google him.
Old September 20, 2009, 07:04 PM   #3
Kreyzhorse

I've ordered a couple of belt ammo carriers from Mernickle. I'm really happy with the quaility and have thought about ordering a holster from them. They are great people to do business with. Glad your holster came out so well.
Old September 24, 2009, 09:44 PM   #4
Oldfalguy

Yep, kudos to them they are indeed great to work with-
He made me a heavy belt that would bend over- ranger style and a paddle holster that holds my P7M8 and one magazine together- nice fit too

Mark
Old September 25, 2009, 05:12 PM   #5
Don Gwinn
Staff Emeritus

Mernickle Holster link

www.mernickleholsters.com

Just thought I'd add the link here since you're singing their praises. I don't have a Mernickle, but I need something IWB or pancake for the Gun Blog .45. Maybe one day.

I'm going to copy this into The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.