The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old September 9, 2012, 06:42 PM   #1276
vickiann

I am a new member today

Hi everyone. I follow Rob Pincus on FB and found you through a link he gave there today. I am a 60+ year old woman and I have loved guns and shooting from the time I met my husband 48 yeas ago-his family were avid hunters and he became a great trap shooter in his early years. I am a 20 gauge shotgun gal-and have a Remington 870 pump and a Winchester 20 gauge pump which I have had for over 30 years-both youth models that fit me like they were custom made for me. I have shot many handguns but around the farm and for home defense I have my 20's always ready. With the times what they are and because my husband is disabled and on strong pain meds I have decided it is time for me to CC a pistol for self defense. As of January of 2012 I am forced to go into the pharmacy and show my ID to pick up his medication. Now it doesn't take a fool to know that showing your ID means you are purchasing a controlled substance. So now any criminal types hanging around know that I am picking up controlled substance meds and going to the parking lot and getting into my vehicle alone. I am now in the midst of instruction for CC and I am learning EVERYTHING that I can about revolvers and pistols. I have an SP101 with a 2.25 inch barrel that I am very comfortable shooting and have a Ruger SR9c on the way. I have determined that I will NEVER be forced into a vehicle-including my own. I just will not-I would rather die fighting it out with a criminal and die trying-than to end up like Channon Christian. Having a weapon will at least give me an even chance ;-) I am looking forward to learning good things here!
Old September 9, 2012, 11:28 PM   #1277
hunterjoe

nEWBEee onboard

Hay-Hello&Hi,
New here and good to be here,for safety&tips.
Just looking to Cap&Ball, so no serious shooting. We Hog hunt with Bow and thought(Son&I) that Old West Cap&Ball would be a cool thing.
@ 25-40 yrds, not a big deal to hit the Hogs.
200lbs in the freezer, so target practice will be it for a while,with exception to the 50lb'er Pig Roast of course-LOL.

Great site and I have already read into some neat tips on Lube and loading the Lead. You-Tube is also a great thing. When I was young,it was a stick and a piece of string to learn from, so these sites and You-Tube are very good to read and see what things are all about,before doing something completely stupid.

Thanks for great site and best regards to you all.
Old September 11, 2012, 10:19 PM   #1278
TheSILENTtype

DEL.

Last edited by TheSILENTtype; September 13, 2012 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Delete for privacy
Old September 13, 2012, 06:05 PM   #1279
KevinTaylor1214

Hello everyone! Name's Kevin. I'm young and fairly new to the firearms world. I recently purchased a DPMS Carbine style AR15, believe it or not, for $600 from my local Walmart. Not a bad deal at all for a beginner. I'll be looking forward to coming to you guys for any gun related discussions and possible improvements to my platform.
Old September 14, 2012, 09:27 PM   #1280
2nd Amendment

Hi fellas. I am Jae and I am getting my first .22 rifle tomorrow!

Excited to learn!
Old September 16, 2012, 12:50 AM   #1281
gunnerk19

Hi all, I'm Don and a new member as well; I'm also active on Guns & Ammo and the Taurus forums. I'm an Army veteran and own several Rugers, a 1965 commemorative Colt .22, and a Taurus .357 for CCW.

Looking forward to participating here
Old September 16, 2012, 04:01 AM   #1282
Rifleman270

Hi, my name is John, and first and foremost i am s total 100% support gun rights and ownership
Old September 21, 2012, 07:18 AM   #1283
Pistolgripshotty

Whats up TFL...
Old September 24, 2012, 04:08 PM   #1284
TrentSr

I'm Trent... and I have a love of things that go boom.
Old September 26, 2012, 04:49 AM   #1285
compdocjoe

Hello, Joe here, checking in from the sandbox!
Old September 26, 2012, 06:53 AM   #1286
Wildthang

Howdy to all the lead slingers!

Well here I am, a new member to your forum. I have been looking at this forum for a while now, and it looks like a lot of fine folks on here. I am an old gun freak, and have been shooting all of my life. I am not a scientific shooter but can normally hit what I'm aiming for. I love varmint guns and revovlers more than any other firearm, but have a few of the other kinds as well.
I live near Toledo Ohio in the lake area, so I break in new varmint barrels in the winter when it is 10 degrees outside so I don't have to worry about overheating my barrel
Old September 26, 2012, 08:28 PM   #1287
SpeedyCycles

I am a newbie

Hello all! I started collecting mostly long guns just 2 years ago so i am still learning a lot! This is a fun new world for me.

I also make videos for Youtube, I would like to share them on here. I didn't see a specific forum for "Pics/Video" , however I think I can put them in their specific spots per the guidelines/rules.
Old September 26, 2012, 08:32 PM   #1288
SpeedyCycles

Also, is there an easy way to view only the responses to my posts? This place is so enormous it is hard to find my old posts.
Old September 26, 2012, 08:40 PM   #1289
StainlessSteel215

Whats up everyone.
Im a 30 year old Philly guy who's been shooting/trading/collecting pistols for the last 5-6 years. I plan to beef up my collection and add a nice Ruger mini 14 or Mossberg 308 once I get a nice big safe. I support the hell out of our god given 2nd amendment and carry license

Looking forward to trading information with all of you and helping me be a more knowledgable shooter. I also just made my first ever consumer gun reviews on Youtube so check out my link below and feel free to leave feedback.

I. LOVE. GUNS.
Old September 27, 2012, 10:14 AM   #1290
EngravingChris

New here as well

My name is Chris and I live in the suburbs of St. Louis MO. I grew up around guns. I don't have a big assortment of guns. I have a .357 revolver that acts as security in the house. I also have a 12 gauge, an old bolt action .22 rifle that was my Grandpa's and my old .410 that was my first gun at the age of 10 years old.

Where I grew up I could walk out of my house and into the woods to go hunting. So shooting at targets for just shooting purposes isn't really my thing. Clay pigeon shooting is fun but I don't get much time to do that. My hunting days are pretty much a thing of the past. I will get into hunting again some time but life is too busy for that as of now.

I own a laser engraving company called Engraving Select that my partner and I opened up in June. We have over 25 years experience working with lasers. We engrave on everything from surgical tools, to machine parts, to guns and knives.

I put a link to our company in my signature. If anyone has any questions about engraving feel free to get in touch with me.

http://www.engravingselect.com/
Old September 27, 2012, 07:51 PM   #1291
Rainbow Demon

Joined earlier today and just noticed this sticky.
Older than I look and not as old as I feel.

Like all sorts of firearms and airguns.

Picked this username because someone mentioned Uriah Heep yesterday and Rainbow Demon has been running on a loop in my head since then.
I wouldn't own a gun I couldn't take out shooting now and then, but I'm far more interested in the many great designs and the history of firearms than in shooting.
Old September 27, 2012, 10:01 PM   #1292
funkmasterjs

Howdy

I'm new to pistol reloading and wanted to see if the forum could help me get started. I'm gonna let the questions fly. Look forward to meeting you all.
Old September 29, 2012, 10:18 AM   #1293
reggiec

Introduction

Hi I'm Reggiec, and I'm glad to be associated with this fine forum.
Old September 30, 2012, 09:21 PM   #1294
Corrections Cop

Hello

Hi everyone, My name is Trevor. I'm a Sergeant With the Michigan Department of Corrections. I love to shoot and learn about firearms, I wish I could shoot alot more than I do. I've always been into shooting. I am looking forward to getting some great advice from the forum. I already have had alot with my questions about my 7mm Ackley Mag. I am also interisted in Law Enforcement / Corrections, snowmobiling and most of all spending time with my kids. I am also kind of getting into guns smithing little by little. I built a tactical shot gun out of an old 16 ga I had lying around.
Old October 2, 2012, 02:21 PM   #1295
west5757

Hello TFL

I am new to TFL. I have visited a few forums and I really like how this one is laid out. I have plenty of questions on guns/ammo/shooting and there seems to be a very large knowledge base here. Looking forward to seeing the posts.
Old October 2, 2012, 02:32 PM   #1296
the_duck32

new to reloading

hey yall im new to this hole thing and im trying to get some help with reloading
Old October 3, 2012, 09:18 AM   #1297
daily1943

Daiy1943

As a new member I wish to tell a little about myself
Grew up on a farm in Ohio, served in cryptographic intelligence with the USAF
1961-1965
Spent 35 years in the corporate world mainly in International business
lived and worked 12 years of that 35 in Europe
Have a small collection of guns, but have always been interested in them

currently live in N.E. Florida and am 69 years old

Thanks again to those who have already provided me with some info on my fathers WWII Luger

Curt Daily
Old October 3, 2012, 10:45 PM   #1298
Beagle45ACP

Didn't see this thread.... mea culpa

So I didn't realize that this thread existed, and therefore sidestepped the proper etiquette of introducing myself before interjecting my thoughts into the conversations on here.
To begin, my name's Patrick, I've been a ghost on here for at least a year or so now and just joined the forums about a month ago. I've been interested in guns since I was in 5th grade, and started off with a Ruger 10/22 my dad bought me. After that I became a competitive trap shooter in high school, and when I turned 21 earlier this year, I purchased my first pistol, a .45 ACP Baby Desert Eagle.
Currently I'm looking to get my FL CCW permit and then expand the gun collection. I'm also looking forward to learning from the experienced shooters here, and possibly helping out anyone that I can. I have found this to be one of the best gun forums on the Internet and hope to help continue that track record.

Wastin' away my future children's inheritance one box of ammo, range fee, and bottle of Hoppe's #9 at a time.
Old October 4, 2012, 09:43 AM   #1299
Gaerek

I've already made several posts and missed this thread! Anyway, I recently moved to the Tucson, AZ area from Alaska. I've been shooting in one capacity or another since I was about 10 years old. Most of my experience is with rifles, but I've been shooting a lot of handguns recently. I'm working on getting to the point where I feel comfortable carrying concealed. I have my permit, waiting to get my CCW gun (Glock 19, probably next week sometime), and then get some training done since I don't want to carry until I'm comfortable doing it.
Old October 4, 2012, 03:10 PM   #1300
Hilljack

Hello all, name is Dave. I'm from southern Ohio, and grew up in a hunting, gun and knives household. Just happened about this site surfing about some gun questions and it seems to be a pretty good one.
I'm also an Army veteran of 4 years, I have several handguns, shotguns, and rifles ranging from an LCP .380 to an AR15. In addition some buddies of mine and myself started a website called ALLSTARGUNS.COM just so we could buy, sell, and trade as a hobby. (not trying to advertise, just sayin). Anyways, love guns, tradein, buying, shooting, etc.
Glad to be here!

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent