The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old November 17, 2008, 07:58 PM   #26
grymster2007

I'd like to get a hold of some of the stuff the bigfoot-believers are smoking! I think once you're in that world, airsoft loads work fine!
Old November 18, 2008, 12:50 AM   #27
zahnzieh

I find it hard to believe that with as many hunters out there in tree stands, using motion detecting/infrared cameras that no definative pictures have been taken of one of these beasts. And nobody has ever come onto a carcass/bones etc., come on!?
Old November 18, 2008, 09:07 PM   #28
publius

.22 Hornet. I don't want too much damage so I can get a full body mount done.
Old November 18, 2008, 09:25 PM   #29
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I find it hard to believe that with as many hunters out there in tree stands, using motion detecting/infrared cameras that no definative pictures have been taken of one of these beasts. And nobody has ever come onto a carcass/bones etc., come on!?
That's basically my take on it. Millions of hunters every year, nobody shoots one. Hundreds of millions of miles driven, nobody hits one. Millions of photographers and trail cams, not to mention satellite and ariel photos , no conclusive pictures. Hundreds of millions of hikers, no bones or bodies. They exist as surely as Leprechauns.

... but if I saw one I'd be too afraid that it was some idiot in a monkey suit to shoot it. If I did shoot it, I'd prefer to use a 12ga.
Old November 18, 2008, 10:34 PM   #30
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

Don't forget the tens of thousands of coon, cougar, squirrel, bear, 'yote, rabbit, deer and hog hunters that run dogs... Many of us are not lucky enuff to have perfectly "trash" broke dogs. I know mine would bay a bear as well as a hog if they crossed ones path... So with those tossed in there and that they are run day and night it really encroaches on the believers theory that they are just to sly to be seen by humans...
Brent
Old November 19, 2008, 10:41 AM   #31
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Don't forget the tens of thousands of coon, cougar, squirrel, bear, 'yote, rabbit, deer and hog hunters that run dogs...
I never thought of that angle. That might be the most convincing argument of all.
Old November 19, 2008, 12:00 PM   #32
davlandrum

30-06 will take anything in North America

Now if it was a Yeti...

Ethics is knowing the difference between what you have a right to do and what is right to do. -Potter Stewart
Old November 20, 2008, 03:44 PM   #33
MeekAndMild

Quote:
Now if it was a Yeti...
Quad 50s on a swivel mount.
In a few years when the dust finally clears and people start counting their change there is a pretty good chance that President Obama may become known as The Great Absquatulator. You heard it first here on TFL.
Old October 9, 2009, 11:58 AM   #34
HD2006

BFRO

For Fun, Check out this site: www.bfro.net. It contains over 3500 reports and claimed sightings in the States alone. I know this is an old post, but I couldn't resist posting this site in case anyone was interested or curious. A 45/70 caliber should do the trick at close range! Either this site has a bunch of liars, or there might be some truth to some stories?
Old October 9, 2009, 12:24 PM   #35
koolminx

I'd use my Cell phone because I always forget my camera...

I think it's stupid to believe in a Bigfoot or a Yeti like creature...

There are non in existence, never have been. No fossils, no photo's that are genuine, no video, no satellite images, no bones... Nothing.

Just like Ghosts and psychic's (I'm a psychic, that's how I know) there aren't any. So shooting them isn't going to be a problem for me... I don't shoot at my imagination, and if I did, my dad would get MAD for pointing my gun as my sister....
Old October 9, 2009, 12:49 PM   #36
rodwhaincamo

DNA evidence

I saw on Monsterquest that they actually gained DNA evidence from a nail trap placed at a remote cabin in Canada that was claimed to be destroyed several times. Hmmm. I'm a very skeptical person, but what they found was very intriguing.
Old October 9, 2009, 03:59 PM   #37
fast-eddie

Manbearpig

On my last ManBearPig hunt I ran into a half man half dolphin. Did you know theres an undrgroup tunnel that goes from Area 51 to Washington DC to transport UFO's?

In all, seriousness, there are things science can't totally explain. Bigfoot isn't one of those things, but there are. Like ManBearPig (half man, half bear and half pig).
Old October 9, 2009, 04:06 PM   #38
rjrivero

Jack Links Beef Jerky.

That should do the trick.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast-eddie
On my last ManBearPig hunt I ran into a half man half dolphin. Did you know theres an undrgroup tunnel that goes from Area 51 to Washington DC to transport UFO's?

In all, seriousness, there are things science can't totally explain. Bigfoot isn't one of those things, but there are. Like ManBearPig (half man, half bear and half pig).
I'm SUPER CEREAL. (I can't believe my useless knowledge of South Park has finally payed off.)
Old October 9, 2009, 07:02 PM   #39
Edward429451

I've seen the vids of bigfoot. I bet he's fall to some well placed 44 Specials, a heavy FP or SWC lead.
Old October 10, 2009, 09:56 AM   #40
ninjatoth

beanbag 12 gauge rounds.You need to get the point across if he charges you,but without killing him.But be warned,messin with sasquatch is a bad idea.Don't play pranks on him and I doubt you will need the gun.
Old October 10, 2009, 02:51 PM   #41
Old Grump
Member in memoriam

Model 179B Tranquilizer C02 Pistol loaded with H1N1 flu serum. We must protect our wild friends.
Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern will, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
--Daniel Webster--
Old October 11, 2009, 09:10 AM   #42
James R. Burke

Would never shoot one unless it was life or death type situation. Then I dont think you could go to big, if your life was on the line over kill would not even cross my mind. So the biggest cal I own. A Rem .416 Mag. But like I said I would never do it unless someone's life depend on it. There is alot of people who believe in them for some very good reasons, and some who dont. I myself will always have a open mind on it. I have never seen one or anything or any sign I could not figure out, but who knows just maybe they are out there.
Old October 11, 2009, 09:53 AM   #43
Rattlehead

Baseball bats should do the trick...

(Very NSFW: language)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37k72YWxDXU
Old October 11, 2009, 01:56 PM   #44
Rigby1962

After having a close encounter with a UFO I will never say never.
Old October 27, 2009, 06:22 PM   #45
Phoneguy

I would recommend a 7mm Rem Mag. Hornady 154gn Interbond with 59gn of
H4831 sc. That load should take down a Bigfoot.
If anyone does get one I would love to try some back strap. I think bigfoot jerky would be tasty also. Maybe get a rug made or better yet a fur coat. I'm not sure a head mount would look good and I'm not sure my ceiling is high enough for a full size mount.
Old October 27, 2009, 07:18 PM   #46
Glenn Dee

500 S&W magnum out of handy rifle.
Old October 27, 2009, 10:57 PM   #47
Fat White Boy

A plasma rifle in the 40 Watt range...When the Sasquatch are gone, you can use it on the zombies...
Old October 27, 2009, 11:15 PM   #48
Gator Monroe

A .22 WOULD WORK (And there is a million $ in escrow waiting for positive proof and a body would get you that and more than 15 mins of fame)
Old October 28, 2009, 12:23 AM   #49
Mike U.

Or, it could get you a murder conviction if you happen to shoot some idiot-child runnin' around in the woods in a gorilla costume. Or, IF, you happen to shoot a real Bigfoot and it's DNA comes back as human-like, DA's will be lining up for some of your butt.

Sure, they're very big and scary looking, but, shoot only in self defense. Not cuz yer scared. Their size is VERY intimidating. And, something else to consider, the one you see may not be the only one in the area. Word is they live in family groups. You get a shot off on one, who's to say several others won't show up for some arm plucking payback? Then, you'll end up like the dozens of other people who go missing yearly in the woods.
That goes for you nonbelievers too. It's only unreal till it steps out of the thick brush and onto the trail your walking. Then, it's Welcome to the Goblin Universe.

Happy Halloween...
Old October 28, 2009, 12:33 AM   #50
Tom Servo
Staff

Ask these guys.

On a more pressing note, what's a good load for Nessie? The Park Rangers take real exception to my dynamite.