The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old March 3, 2008, 09:59 PM   #1
JeepinGA

BIG negative for Tin Star Shooting Range on GB

Matt with Tin Star Shooting Range on Gun Broker was caught in a lie and tried to back track with threats. This place is in Weatherford, OK for anyone near there. the facts are I ordered a tac light and canceled the order within 12 hrs. I apologized as it was not what I was looking for and agreed to pay all the fees. Matt told me the fees were 3 times the actual amount. It was verified with Gun Broker customer service who was glad to help. I confronted Matt and he responded with threats after the agreement had been made. I respect everyone in the gun business but lying to customers and making threats is no way to act. Total lack of morals in an industry that is based on customers trust.
Old March 4, 2008, 06:35 AM   #2
Double Naught Spy

Did Matt have a policy that says that you can back out of a purchase within 12 hours if you pay the Gunbroker fees? My understanding was that Gunbroker deals were contractual and so you are obligated to go through with the deal.

I am not sure about calling the other guy dishonest when you backed out of the deal.
Old March 4, 2008, 08:11 AM   #3
Musketeer

Quote:
I am not sure about calling the other guy dishonest when you backed out of the deal.
I concur. Unless there was some written agreement that you could back out of the sale and pay only the fees then you were contractually required to go through with the purchase. If he chose to charge you 3X the Gunbroker's fee to also cover his hassle and having to repost the item when there was no requirement for him to let you out of the deal then I would think he was more than fair.

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin
Old March 4, 2008, 08:55 AM   #4
buzz_knox

Quote:
If he chose to charge you 3X the Gunbroker's fee to also cover his hassle and having to repost the item when there was no requirement for him to let you out of the deal then I would think he was more than fair.
It depends on how he presented the increase. If he attributed all the fees to Gunbroker rather than his own penalty markup, then he could be a liar who happened to have the facts initially on his side.
Old March 4, 2008, 10:20 AM   #5
JeepinGA

I had an email in the inbox this morning from him that said he was sorry and that he would retract the feedback and take my word that I had sent him the money order. I in turn retracted my feedback and the original agreement stood.

I am not saying that I was all right by backing out of the deal and no there was no policy concerning return or cancellation fees. I have an Ebay store myself and understand plenty about online sales. When I have people back out of sales I request they pay the fees and that is all just to be fair and in all but one case they have been obliged to. I am fair and honest with my customers and expect the same out of other online retailers.

In this situation I feel it was escalated because neither one of use were really in the right. I backed out of a sale and he renigged on an agreement after being caught in a lie. And yes he attributed the fees to GB but GB sent me a confirmation email with the actual fees to which I sent a copy with the money order.

Either way it has been put to rest and everyone is squared away.
Old March 4, 2008, 12:56 PM   #6
JohnKSa
Staff

Quote:
Either way it has been put to rest and everyone is squared away.
Allrighty then!