The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old May 30, 2009, 09:07 PM   #126
shooter007

I have been in this forum for a little while, but am now just posting the introduction. I love hunting and have been doing so since I was about twelve. I'm twenty six now and over the past six months have been doing nothing, but shooting my rifle and hand guns. I have been trying to extend my range and become a true marksman. I figured coming to this forum would really widen my knowledge of the rifle and it has. Many people here know a lot more than I and they consistently remind me of this! haha Anyways great forum if your starting out or a veteran at the game. Thanks for the knowledge guys! By the way, what do I have to do to become a Senior Member here? I want that senior member by my name! I put in time here! haha
Old June 1, 2009, 01:26 AM   #127
mkelsey6

Hello everyone, Just got my permit and a Taurus Mil Pro 145 in the last 2 weeks. Started researching for a 1911(really like the the Springfield TRP's) and trying to decide what brand and how much I want to spend on it, and on and on. And I seemed to see at the very least one link to TheFiringLine on each and every firearm related search on Google so here I am.
Old June 1, 2009, 08:37 PM   #128
Gdawgs

New guy

I've been lurking here for a while but just finally decided to sign up. I grew up doing lots of shooting with my dad(rifle, shotgun and handguns). After I moved out, my shooting has been limited(for the past 15 years or so). My dad is a big gun collector and he started giving some of his guns and reloading equipment to me recently . So I've started shooting again and really enjoy it. I got my Minnesota permit to carry a month or so ago, and I joined a pistol league that meets once per week. Lots of fun.
Old June 2, 2009, 02:26 AM   #129
davekp95

My names Dave, and I love guns. (haven't heard that one before right!)
but really, my interest is in all firearms. Mechanically, I am amazed at how firearms are designed and manufactured. And of course I love to shoot them. I've got a moderate collection for my age I would say. I'm 18 and I've got about 15 guns. I love reading and learning more about them. I'll put my pics up as soon as possible.
Old June 3, 2009, 05:31 AM   #130
OGHITMAN187

whats up

Yeah, im new to this site & new to shooting. I own 3 guns and I am trying to learn as much as possible from people who know. I came across this site looking for info on my browning bar safari in .270 win. I love the post and response aspect of this site so I joined.
Old June 3, 2009, 06:51 AM   #131
Hank D.

hello to all, I guess i'm the new kid on the block

My name Is Hank, and like most of you I very much like what I see on this post so far!, I guess that 's why I joined. I'm In the first part of my 70s and I don't know yet if I'm looking forward to my 80s. I grew up in N.Y.C. New York City, moved to New jersey after my time In the Marines, maried , 3 kids, devorced, remaried moved to the Poconos, PA. and now we live in Delaware for the passed 5 years, I do think this will be my last move!!! I have been shooting sinse the very early 50s thanks to our once great Uncle Sam!!! I have been shooting ever sinse and I also reload and collect guns in a small way. I'm trying to keep this short and to the point, I'm more of a dooer than a reader, I'm a hands on type of a guy mostly. I have many other hobbies, wood working and wood turning, photography, leather working, surf fishing, and as stated before, shooting, reloading & gun colecting, any one that has many hobbies well knows that you do not do all, at the time, Or should I say, I do not do all at the same time.
I'm Looking forward to chatting with most of you people and let me say right now, I'm not looking for any arguments from anyone! If we can not discuss something, it's not worth taking the time with.
Thank you all, that's my nut shell. Semper FI to all. Hank D.
Old June 3, 2009, 07:27 AM   #132
ken thelen

I'm New

Lot's of interest,, Joined the NRA as a child 13, 14 years old doing meets from Fort Meade in Maryland,, got some old stuff and lots of questions,, just trying to figure out the site right now..
Old June 3, 2009, 06:28 PM   #133
7jinxed7

new member of my first forum

Just thought I,d say hi.
Old June 4, 2009, 10:28 AM   #134
1911A1Bob

Hi folks! My name is Bob, and I've lurked a few times before I joined. I've been hunting and shooting since I was big enough to hold both ends of a rifle off the ground. I still enjoy collecting and shooting even though hunting is getting harder with my beat-up knees. If I still had half of the guns I'd owned and swapped around with in the past...well, I'd need several safes I suppose!

"...Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt..."
Old June 9, 2009, 04:49 PM   #135
allison9

HI, I came over from gunbroker. Checking out the place
Old June 10, 2009, 09:46 AM   #136
Uncle Billy

Hello, everyone! I'm mid 60's old and have been involved with guns all my life. My Dad used to help me shoot his little .22 revolver when I was 6 or 7, and guns have been a part of my world since then. Shooting, hunting and guns in general have always been a significant thread in the history of my family since colonial times. My small collection includes a few guns that while they aren't really very valuable, are significant in the history of my family and our close friends- a working Charleville musket carried by an ancestor of ours who was in Washington's army; a .30 caliber carbine carried with Patton's army in North Africa; a .300 H&H Model 70 that took some record game in the Yukon more than a half century ago; a couple of High Standard automatics that went everywhere we went on fishing and hunting trips; a .30-30 Winchester that over the years has killed more than an entire herd of New York whitetails, one at a time; and so on. I grew up with them and others that I acquired over the years, and have enjoyed almost every aspect of firearms and the shooting sports. I'm not a hunter although hunting has been a tradition in my family since colonial times, so I have absolutely no argument with those that do hunt, as my father and all before him did. I shoot targets with rifles, handguns and black powder flintlocks; shoot trap; I handload most of the ammunition I shoot; I carve and inlet gunstocks and build flintlocks from parts (thank God for Dixie Gun Works!); I'm certified by the NRA and the Boy Scouts as a Shooting Sports instructor, which I thought might make a good post-retirement activity; I have a concealed weapons permit so I usually have something in my pocket wherever that's legal; and so on. I look forward to visiting this forum frequently and learning from the rich expertise of others.
Old June 10, 2009, 11:57 AM   #137
RomeosPop

Hello everyone!

Although new to firearms I have owned a 38 chiefs special for over 20 yrs. purchased in 86 for home protection. Within the last 6 months my wife, daughter and myself have acuired a CC permit, purchased 3 more handguns 2 380's a Ruger and a Kel-Tec and a 32 Baretta Tomcat for my daughter. We've been to the range several times since, (I would like to get there more often.)

In addition I have purchased an AR 15, and a used 22 magnum Mossberg rifle with scope. (I guess I am a little cocerned about what will happen with gun laws since the election) Although I am having difficulty finding a place to shoot these.

Sorta stumbled onto this sight googleing handgun info.
Old June 10, 2009, 08:10 PM   #138
SHODOGG1

Whats up everyone, Im new to this site and just here to get some info on the gun game I currently own a Mini-14 .223, Ruger 10/22 and a Colt huntsman and looking into building an AR-15 or purchasing a complete 5.56 replica .22lr all info is appreciated.
Old June 11, 2009, 03:19 AM   #139
nobile157

Greetings from Croatia

I am IPSC shooter and hunter from Croatia, home of XD and XDM.
Old June 11, 2009, 02:03 PM   #140
Parapliers

Howdy

I am 59 y/o 21st century pioneer in Indiana. I wear my past like a present and take my fancy in the past.

Parapliers rumbled like a straight iron gun
Like a red hot iron through the egg white, O
Old June 12, 2009, 04:38 AM   #141
Montelongo

Greetings from Canaries (Spain)

Hello:

My name is Montelongo and I live in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (Spain).

I pass the time collecting semiautomatic Spanish pistols. I have a web where they can see and to check most of the Spanish models:

www.spanishpistols.com

Greetings
Old June 14, 2009, 03:07 PM   #142
Anticonn

Why hello there

I've been a gun hobbyist since the time I was about 10, learned to shoot at that time, just stumbled across The Firing Line the other day and figured what the hell.

My collection is currently totally defensively based, I've had a 2" SP101 (357 mag, DAO) by my bed for a while now, and just yesterday got a great deal on a used Benelli Nova for $200. Haven't gotten to shoot the latter yet, the former has about 700 rounds through it since purchased new, since the I've put in a lighter main spring (10pounds IIRC) and a Hogue grip. Once I take a class for CCW the Ruger will be my daily carry. The nova cycles rounds cleanly (and loudly, hehe), though it has some lateral freeplay in the fore end that I'm not entirely sure is normal, will have to strip it and give the innards a good once over.

A couple quick and dirty pics:

I have a TacStar mag extension for the shotty on order from Midway, I have it loaded with 3.5" Winchester 00 Buck, which is limited to 3+1 after I removed the limiter plug. I may head up out to put some rounds through it later today, it's my first shotgun . I'm thinking the stock may be a little long for me (6' tall), depending on how hard it hits my shoulder I may try to shorten up the recoil pad a bit. The gun is much lighter than I expected, almost to the point I suspect someone removed the mercury recoil tube in the stock.

Anyway, happy to be here, the friend that sold me the Nova has an SKS and a couple other long guns he's looking to sell, so I may pick up something a little less "defensive" and more "because I can" in the near future
Old June 16, 2009, 12:37 PM   #143
gungho84

Hey there everyone. I've already posted a bit around the forums but I'll "officially" introduce myself now.

I'm 24-years-old, from the great state of Michigan. I was raised a military brat for the first 10 years of my life, and when my father retired I've lived the rest as a civilian.

The world seems to be falling apart more and more these days and I've decided it was time for me to learn some necessary skills. One of those skills is with rifle's and handguns for protection, as well as hunting.

I'm looking into gaining a few other skills, such as gardening, raising livestock, first aid and C.P.R. classes.

I look forward to discussing things with you all and learning as much as I can.
Old June 16, 2009, 01:23 PM   #144
kalashnikov5160

hey everyone
names Patrick from Texas. i didnt see anything about needing to be 18 to post here so i guess its ok to admit im 17.
ive always loved firearms and in a few months im going to the Colorado School of Trades to become a gunsmith

right now im trying to absorb as much knowledge as possible so this place is like a gold mine to me

Last edited by kalashnikov5160; June 16, 2009 at 02:15 PM.
Old June 16, 2009, 04:33 PM   #145
Chris J in VA

New in VA

Howdy all-
been lurking for a while on here and enjoying the banter!

Looking forward to searching out the good info on here

Any ideas on the ammo shortage??
Old June 16, 2009, 05:22 PM   #146
Krieger9

Increased Interest

Greetings to everyone.

I've been shooting other peoples guns for quite a few years. A couple years ago I bought myself a Glock 22C and just a few months ago a Rock River Government model. When I got the rifle I thought I'd validate all the shooting by getting into reloading.

Spent weeks hunting for a press and did a bunch of research and starting trying to purchase, couldn't find anything I wanted and ended up buying a LoadMaster which appears to be still quite available at high quantity for quite cheap. Then drove all over to trying and scrape together supplies only to find primers just don't seem to exist. Finally found 1,000 but am hoping things get better fairly soon. A guns gotta eat.

Having a few problems with the realoading if anybody wants to help I have a post in that forum.

Nice site, lots of good activity and info. Wish I wasn't on dial up.
Old June 16, 2009, 09:17 PM   #147
dhowie

Howdy from Texas!

I just recently joined this site. I am a lurker on this site, and several other firearm and NFA sites. I will continue to be a lurker, so don't expect a high post count from me.

I'm a life-long firearm enthusiast. I still have the first gun my Dad (may he rest in peace) gave me 41 years ago (NIB S&W Model 41), when I was in grade school. I have a FEW more now. More than a cache or arsenal, but less than an armory. I have an exact count on my Title II stuff, since these have forms I have to keep track of; the Title I stuff, I don't honestly know. I don't have a cracked foundation, so my ammo supply is obviously insufficient.

I pay for my addiction through a scam I call Human Carpentry. Fortunately, most of my patients know I'm a firearm enthusiast ("gun nut" always sounded derogatory to me), since I have a sign in my waiting room that encourages concealed carry. I haven't ever bartered Orthopedic Surgery in exchange for a new firearm (yet), so I guess I'm still in control of my addiction.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity on this forum to sit in the corner quietly, and learn.

dhowie from the Houston area of Texas.
Old June 21, 2009, 12:18 AM   #148
J_p_Doyle

HI! I am new to this site and my name is John. I have a love for firearms and own multiple antique rifles and newer ones. I live in the great states of vermont and indiana (tech School). I come from a heavy military back ground which got me started on firearms at a young age. Thats pretty much it. Nice to be here.
Old June 22, 2009, 09:28 AM   #149
Just1short

Howdy!

I'm just an old guy that is not real comfy with a computer. I have some questions that may seem silly to you all but I will still ask them!
Old June 22, 2009, 07:04 PM   #150
cstainsby

Hi All.
I am from Cairns Australia and am very new to shooting (bought my first rifle in March) and have recently completed my first hunting trip. I have been lookin on these forums quite often to educate my self and thought i would do the right thing and join. Hopefully i can help others out in time as these forums have already taught me a lot

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent