The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 6, 2009, 06:49 PM   #1
The Terminator

Hooray for the single stage press.

My RCBS bullet puller and collet came today. Wow, talk about something that outperforms expectations, I was surprised. I had to pull about 80 308's. It did it in no time.

The RCBS 2, really showed the Lee turret how to do a good job today. I tried the collet in the Lee at first, it just wasn't happening with any degree of easiness. The product information for the collet puller said that it was for single stage presses, I just kind of ignored that, until I tried it. So, I got the Rockchucker, on its stand, and sat it in the floor in front of my chair. I pulled up on the lever, mildly, while holding the press down with my other hand. I could not have designed an easier way to do this. It worked really well.

I had to deprime the brass, so, not wanting to resize again, I got this crazy idea. Why not use the 45/70 depriming and resizing die? The 308 cases don't touch the sides, and it worked like a champ.
John 3:16 (I hope to see You over there.)

Last edited by The Terminator; January 6, 2009 at 07:34 PM.
Old January 6, 2009, 06:52 PM   #2
D. Manley

Yep, I have a close to 40 year old Pacific single-stage set up as a dedicated pulling station. I knew I kept it around all these years for something...