The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 12, 2012, 01:20 AM   #1
mcameron

6.5x55 Swedish training ammo

Anybody ever buy the Swede ammo with wood boolits and pull, dump and reload the casings? They're NC/berden primed but at 5¢ per is it safe to do this? 1750 rounds for $100 seems well worth it if it's safe. Thanks fer the input.
Old December 12, 2012, 06:21 PM   #2
Newton24b

if you have to trim the cases at all, do you think its safe to when you got a live prmer in it?

can you resize those cases with a live primer? youll most likely need to expand the case mouth to seat a new bullrt
Old December 12, 2012, 07:20 PM   #3
hounddawg

Buy em take em to the range and have fun shooting them, then use this to remove those pesky primers

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/245...decapping-tool and you will never have to buy another case

Swedish Brass goes for about 60 dollars a hundred for new cases, you can keep half and sell the other half and recoup your money easily with a bit of sweat equity to decap them

oh and one other thing if you decide to try and reload without firing, do not use the original powder. That is common sense but just thought I would mention it

Last edited by hounddawg; December 12, 2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old December 15, 2012, 12:44 AM   #4
johnwilliamson062

If you use that tool to decap, how hard is it to put a new primer in? I might have a box of these cases I bought b/c they were so cheap and simply interesting.

I will say the lead bullets appear more regular than some cheap jacketed bullets I have purchased.